Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Cannot Select Gears!

woodways3

Hi i have a 2005 Avensis t spirit 2.0 auto.90k yesterday tried to drive the car but could only get reverse.The AA guy took of the gear cable where it attached to the end of the gearbox (in the engine bay ) same problem.Cant believe its the cable ,is there some sort of selector unit beneath the gear lever? How to get to it? any ideas,thanks.

My previous car couldn't get into gear whilst in heavy traffic - was told clutch was sticking a bit and too much holding clutch made system hot....replaced slave cylinder fixed it :)

Looks as if you might need one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271897981977?rmvSB=true .

For help in how to remove the trim etc for access type "Avensis gear stick removal" in the search box at the top of the page.

My previous car couldn't get into gear whilst in heavy traffic - w

s told clutch was sticking a bit and too much holding clutch made system hot....replaced slave cylinder fixed it :)

Hi as i said its an auto box ,not manual!!!!

Looks as if you might need one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271897981977?rmvSB=true .

For help in how to remove the trim etc for access type "Avensis gear stick removal" in the search box at the top of the page.

My previous car couldn't get into gear whilst in heavy traffic - w

s told clutch was sticking a bit and too much holding clutch made system hot....replaced slave cylinder fixed it :)

Hi as i said its an auto box ,not manual!!!!

Oops....