Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo Compatibility

Silvaar

Hi there, the satnav on my Corolla has kicked the bucket. Rather than fix it or replace the whole unit, I'd much rather replace it with a stereo unit as being a Gen1 unit, it's maps aren't all that up to date.

I've picked out what I'd like to put in but to be honest, I've no idea what I need nor do I know if it's even compatible for that matter. I was hoping I could get some advice on how to proceed.

This is the unit that's broke.

DSC_0002.jpg

This is what I'd like to replace it with.

Sony MEX-N6001BD

Any and all help would be much appreciated!

Hi,

Usually see folk wanting to change the standard Toyota head unit rather than the version like yours.

For the Standard unit, there is a range of off the shelf adapator plugs for the main wiring and steering column audio controls plus suitable surrounds to fill the gap left by the old unit.

Halfords or other places usually have a good selection, though again generally refering to the standard unit; you ought to make specific reference to them being suitable for your unit.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/install-adaptors?cat=600

Also search this forum and the Audio forum to see if there is mention of doing the same upgrade.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/forum/19-audiovideoelectronics/

You should get a real improvement in sound quality with a new head unit, but replacing the front Speakers with some same size but better quality ones will also make a massive difference.

Guess this is an unusual question on my part. Thanks for your info, it's certainly helped me find the facia I'll need. I couldn't find anything concerning replacing the Satnav unit in your link however.

I'll pop into Halfords tomorrow and ask them for advice.

Thanks for your help :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links