Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Advice On A New Car

Stan_bg

Hi to everyone!

I have just ordered a new verso, hope I have done the right thing:)

I have been advised to purchase the Gap insurance, Toyota smart repair and the Supagard...I am 100% sure for the Gap insurance, but not for the other two.

Is it a good idea to stick with the Toyota Gap insurance, which is a bit pricey or shop around?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance:)

Stan

Depends what they are charging for the Smart Cover & the Supagard (usually a high profit item for a dealer) & your previous experience of car ownership - do you usually have small scrapes/dings over your ownership period & are you likely to end up with poor paint/dirty interior?

GAP insurance with the same coverage should be the same but is usually much cheaper from someone else than a dealer - you could always get quotes & then use those to try & get the dealer to discount (on my previous Avensis they actually threw it in for free - as I didn't want it & certainly wasn't paying for it I suspect that there was a bonus involved).

Thanks guys...

This is my first brand new car. Always was buying a used ones around 7-8 years old. For the gap insurance, smart repair and Supagard they want almost £1000(special promotion). I take care for my car, but some people do not, especially at the shoping parking.

Is a brand new car need to be trated with stuff like supaguard? I like the idea the interior to be sprayed with a "protector" , because of the kids but....is it really worth the £300?

What about the smart repair? Every opinion or advice are really appreciated!!

Thanks

Stan

How much is the Smart Cover on it's own? Have you ever needed to get scuffs, scratches etc. done before (where I live & park unfortunately it's pretty much a given that I will at some point have to on my cars due to someone else's lack of parking skills :( )?

The upholstery protection is a high margin item for dealers - whether it's "worth" £300 depends upon you & how messy your kids are ...

Hi,

Just to let you know that we offer a product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance however we feel for some customers it can offer a cost effective alternative. If you'd like any further details please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.