Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Switch Tpms To 2-Nd Tire Complect

penchome

Hello,

I have Auris Hybrid (ZWE186) from 2014, and I want to switch TPMS system

from "main" tire set to "2-nd" tire set (IDs from sensors are programmed with techstream as 2-nd set)

but I can't find any switch "main"/"2-nd".

I have only found one switch named "set" it's located at the left side of glove box,

but this button is only for setting current tire pressure as "normal" into car computer.

I see other Toyota vehicles they have button named "main"/"2-nd" as two state button

pushed or not pushed this two states responds to "main" or "2-nd" tire set.

It's very strange situation Techstream shows that car have switch for main/2-nd but i

can't find this switch location.

Does someone knows the location of this switch ?

kind regards, Pencho

Hello and welcome to the board, Pencho.

Where did you get your second set registered? Do you have a cable or somebody else did it for you?

P.S. Do you live in Bulgaria or in the UK? :)

Поздрави!

■Registering ID codes (vehicles with a tire pressure warning system)
The ID codes of the tire pressure warning valve and transmitters for two sets
of wheels can be registered.
It is not necessary to register the ID codes when replacing normal tires with
snow tires, if the ID codes for the wheels of both normal tires and snow tires
are registered beforehand.
For information about changing ID codes, ask any authorized Toyota dealer
or repairer, or another duly qualified and equipped professional.

Hello Svetoslav,

I have bought one of this mini-vci cables and I have registered IDs by my self, using TechStream software.

and yes I live in Bulgaria :)

Поздрави ! :)

Hmmm... What city are you from and how did you register the ID's? Did you mount the valves and inflate the tires and then registered the sensors or did you register them before mounting them on the wheels? I am asking, as I bought a set of original TPMS sensors and tried to register them myself, but I am getting the error bellow:

2urazqg.png

I am not sure if my cable is to blame or the fact that sensors are not mounted on inflated tires... or maybe because they are defective :ermm: Would you explain the procedure and consider sending me your cable so I can try with it? Of course, I would be responsible for shipping in both directions. Please PM me your phone number, so I can call you and speed things up,

Regards,

Svetoslav

In case you really managed to register the sensors (which you didn't :cheers: - we spoke with penchome on the phone ;) ), all you need to do to switch between the main and second set of wheels is to press the initialization button in the glove box 3 times.

• 1 year later...

Svetoslav

Do you know the way to program TPMS sensors in toyota auris hybrid?

I tried to do it myself using techstream 10.30.029 and mini-vci cables (FW1.4.1 and 2.0.4) and both failed with the same message: ID Registration failed due to a communication error... terminate initialization. Is it possible to do it?

Thanks for answer

• 4 years later...

Auris accepts 2 sets of TPMS, so the main set does not get overwritten. It doesn't matter in what order they will be written to the ECU - just need to be written and the car manages them, so no re-learning necessary when rotating tyres. The only thing one needs to do after switching summer and winter sets is to press the TPMS initialization button in the glove box 3 times and that's it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueBoss said:

Auris accepts 2 sets of TPMS, so the main set does not get overwritten. It doesn't matter in what order they will be written to the ECU - just need to be written and the car manages them, so no re-learning necessary when rotating tyres. The only thing one needs to do after switching summer and winter sets is to press the TPMS initialisation button in the glove box 3 times and that's it!

Do you know if this applies to all subsequent Toyotas ?

Only 2015 or newer /facelift can have 2nd set of tires.   Which particular Techstream VCI and Version do you need?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links