1000's Of Toyota Cars For Sale
    • Review Your Toyota
      Review Your Toyota
    • Save Up To 15% Off For Members
      Save Up To 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club Gear!
      Get Your Club Gear!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

FROSTYBALLS

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - Using Two Sets Of Wheels/tyres

8 posts in this topic

Information provided by Auris 1.6 vvt-i - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/user/71851-auris-16-vvt-i/

The new Auris (2015) accepts 2 sets of TPMS, so the main set does not get overwritten. It doesn't matter in what order they will be written to the ECU - just need to be written and the car manages them, so no re-learning necessary when rotating tyres. The only thing one needs to do after switching summer and winter sets is to press the TPMS initialization button in the glove box 3 times and that's it!

2 people like this

I contacted Toyota Uk last week regarding the use a second set of wheels with TPMS fitted here's a copy of their reply. They appear to contradict the assertion regarding the ability of the TPMS system's ability to store two sets of data, I be interested to hear if you've heard anything different from anyone else.

Regardless of this I've gone ahead and purchased a second set of OEM rims with TPMS valves so I'll just have to see how things go when I put my winter tyres on.

Dear Kevin,

Following my previous email, I have now heard back from the Technical Team.

Firstly, they would not recommend using a TPM sensor on a steel wheel. As the TPM sensor is aluminium, the reaction between this and the steel in the wheel, can cause bi-metallic corrosion, which will cause a failure of the sensor. This is why winter steel wheels are not recommended. They also mention that the Auris does not have the functionality to store 2 sets of TPMS valve IDs, meaning every time you wish to change the wheels the other set of codes would need to be registered.

They have also included a list of approved winter tyres that are suitable for your vehicle:

- ESKIMO HP MS 205/55R16 91H Sava Winter (List part deleted)

In a final note, I have spoken to your local Toyota Centre (Macrae & ***** Toyota) and they have informed me that they do offer a tyre 'hotel' service. They will fit your winter tyres for you when necessary and store your summer tyres. Come spring, they will re-fit your summer tyres and store your winter ones for when they are needed again. I understand that you did not want to be referred to your centre, but just in case you wanted to discuss this offer in more detail with them, I have included their details below.

May not be contradictory, as the original post was specific to the facelift Auris.

Sorry, I should have said that my car is a 2016 Auris Hybrid Icon, The information I received from Toyota was based on my registration number so does this make any difference to your reply ? 

Very few Toyota Owners Club members are clairvoyant, which includes myself.

Your profile is still showing your Toyota model is a Yaris, so my reply was based on that.

Please update your profile accordingly

I assure you, the new Auris can store two sets of TPM sensors ;) I can bet my "pink slip" on it! :D

So do u have to replace the tpm  sensors when get new tyres?

On 15.10.2016 г. at 9:57 PM, spen2811 said:

So do u have to replace the tpm  sensors when get new tyres?

Not, unless the sensor's dead. It just measures the pressure and temperature of the tire (any tire).