Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Girl

Michela

Hello,

i just bought a toyota yaris hybrid and so far i love the car just have a few questions i was hoping you can help me with:

1. is it best to use normal unleaded or premium unleaded petrol?

2. when i turn a sharp corner, for example going round a roundabout, there is a strnage noise coming from behind the dashboard. is this normal?

3. can someone explain how the hybrid is supposed to work? it seems to switch to hybrid automatically, but if i go over 40mph it goes back to petrol.

thanks,

michela

Hi Michela

It will switch continuously from petrol to Battery. I have the Auris, You have to be very gentle to stay in Battery mode, accelerating above the halfway in the eco will go to petrol

and revert to Battery to keep you rolling if you ease off.

I am told that the battery side of things assist the petrol engine to help economy.

As with ANY vehicle, acceleration is the key to economy, the faster you want to get up to speed the more fuel you use whatever you drive.

If you are "playing" to get really high mpg then you would need an empty road or you annoy other road users!!!

I did manage 72mpg on a 100 mile round trip!

But just drive gently and thinking ahead for best economy!

If you only brake gently and don`t make the needle go below the bottom on the dial then I am told you are not actually using your brake pads, so more money saving there!

Off for third service today 11months old and first set of front tyres! enjoy!

Andy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links