Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just About To Buy A Celica

Jaguarman

Hi all Ive have just sold my 2012 Auris which I have had from new , and I need a run about for local journeys a friend has a 2003

Celica which has just had a new clutch and brakes all round and has full Toyota service history, I think its a 1.6 not sure though

is there anything which I look out for ? I intend to share this car with my Son who shares a Yaris with his Girlfriend so an upgrade to the sound system is on the cards thanks for any input , this is my other Car1fa5df5f-9ecd-4a57-ba07-70f724dcfab1.jpg

What generation is an 03 ? sorry for all the questions as I know nothing about the Celica and I am sure this is the font of all knowledge :D

Hi Frostyballs :D thanks that just about covers all I need to know , I will probably buy it :D

Great car...enjoy it.

...just make sure the discs/pads are all ok...check oil levels and that the coolant is where/what it should be..Celica radiators can fail.

History is key...with regular oil changes (preferably every 6/7k miles or so).

The Gen 7 is a great driver's car...reliable, stylish and relatively inexpensive to run/repair...I assume it's the 140bhp model.?

Neil

Hi Neil yes its the 140bhp model and its had the brakes done in the last month its done 46 k from new I took it for a test drive today and its a lovely motor nice and tight it handled very well down some country lanes its already had the stereo upgraded I will be picking it up on Monday thanks for your reply

All sounds good..it should give you long and enjoyable service...just keep an eye on the oil level.!

Neil

Picked her up today had a great drive home the car handled very well I will be putting her into a friends garage for a full service and valet , she will need some new wheels or they will need a referb . there are one or two little jobs to do but other wise a nice tidy motor

Hopefully will be cleaned by the weekend and if the rain holds off I will post up some photos :D

as promised here she is not a good photo I know that will have to wait until the better weather , I am going to get wheels refurbished and I would like a rear spoiler she is in great mechanical shape and I am impressed on how well she handles :DIMG_1006.jpg

Looking good, Ken.. :thumbsup: ..enjoy it.

It's one of the few cars I've had that I take out purely for the pleasure of driving it.! :yes:

Neil

Cheers Neil I must admit I only bought her as I have just sold my 2012 Auris and needed a run around car for use in the city but after some spirited driving around some country lanes I find myself having a fantastic little motor for not a lot of money and taking her out just for fun :D my Son also loves her

after getting out of his 1.3 Yaris it came as quite a surprise to him :D

• 2 months later...

Hi Ken, was just reading through your threads and see that you might be looking for a rear spoiler, I currently have a TRD style carbon fiber one with LED brake light that i am looking to sell which has silver painted ends. If you are interested drop me an email (msmarksilom@gmail.com)

Regards 2323 mark.