Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Lights Won't Turn Off

G6TPI

Hi All,

I have 2 Toyota IQ's and am very pleased with them. Today my wife's car has developed a strange fault, it is a 1.33 manual with stop/start etc.

When I got home and turned off the ignition with the stop/start button the radio dash display and some of the lights next to the speedo remained on,

I got out of the car and locked it and the radio display remained on along with the temp warning light and some of the other warning lights and no matter what I do the

lights remain on.

I have disconnected the Battery and left it for some time to see if it clears but when I reconnect it the light come on but the ignition and everything else is off.

When I turn on the ignition the car behaves normally and will start when the clutch is dipped and the lights behave in the normal way when driving but when I turn the car

off the radio display and lights in the dash won't turn off.

Has anyone had this fault ?

Thanks

Chris

Mm i have an auto version. If i leave the car in Drive with foot on tbe break and press the start button to stop the car, the engine stops but the dash etc is still illuminated. I have to put my foot back on the break and drop it into park then all is well.

I am wondering if there is a gearbox switch still engaged making it think your in gear and not stopped.

David

Thanks for the reply David, I'll have another go at it tomorrow but if it persists I will have to take it to the main dealers, fortunately it is still in warranty

I'll also ask them to look at the clutch slave as I suspect that it is also giving problems (slight pressure loss after a few days standing).

I'll let everyone know what it is when I find out.

Chris

Check the bulbs in the taillights and the turn signal/running light bulbs. What you are looking for is short due to a broken light bulb filament shorting to the other filament in the dual filament bulbs.

Thanks for the reply's, the local dealer eventually fixed it, it turned out to be a faulty ECU which is for the stop/start, even they had problems in figuring it out but ordered the ECU and when changed this fixed the fault.

I have had problems in the past with dash board errors created by bulb problems on other makes but not Toyota and all the bulbs were working on the car and non have been recently changed.

Many thanks

Chris

What an unusual fault. Lucky you were in warranty, cost would have been horendous

David

You are so right, thanks again for your reply, without the warranty I'd have to take out a second mortgage.

Chris