Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Problem

Lestsar

Hi, I own a Verso 2.0 2013, I wonder if any of you the same thing happens to me, my car performs DPF regenerations every 200 km, regardless of the type of journeys or driving style.

At the dealership they tell me it´s normal operation, but I don´t think so.

Regards and sorry for my English

My 2013 Hilux regens every 200 miles or thereabouts :flowers:

out of interest how do you know that your car is performing a regen? I have never actually noticed any vapour from the exhaust on my car & afaik there is no indication on it's dash. Mind you, probably 50% of my mileage is fast motorway work over reasonable distances so I assume that it's getting a decent chance to do it, I just can't tell when.

Could you describe the breakdown of your mileage?

Thanks for answering, the only way to know that is regenerating is seeing the instant consumption of the car on the screen of touch, when regenerating the bar indicating instant consumption never reaches zero, also as soon as you step on the accelerator the instaneous consumption is more higher, in my case the process takes about 5 to 10 minutes.

Actually the car has 30000 miles, but is does so from the 15000 miles revision.

Thanks for answering, the only way to know that is regenerating is seeing the instant consumption of the car on the screen of touch, when regenerating the bar indicating instant consumption never reaches zero, also as soon as you step on the accelerator the instaneous consumption is more higher, in my case the process takes about 5 to 10 minutes.

Actually the car has 30000 miles, but is does so from the 15000 miles revision.

The instant fuel consumption readout is a pretty well known id of a regeneration going on. But I seem to recall a post about too frequent regenerations being caused by an over-sensitive pressure sensor on the inlet side of the DPF. It tested OK on the diagnostics but the answer was to fit a spacer under the sensor to space it out just a bit.

I don't think that the instantaneous mpg readout on my T27 Avensis is accurate enough to really tell if a regen is going on - it's a bar graph which seems to change in large blocks rather than a simple figure like on my old T25.

& that is assuming that I had that selected on the display at the time which, mostly, I don't.

• 1 year later...

Hello How do you know when you are doing regeneration? In other forums like those of peught they place a led (it is a different system). The mine is a verse of the 2011 2.0 d4d, but I do not have electrical schematics to look for a signal that I can use for reference ..... The only option I can think of is to have an android radio with torque programs where you can visualize something that comes to you saying that it is actually doing it. regards