Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Installation Of Vertical Cargo Net

jdamsell

Just taken delivery of a vertical cargo net from Toyota's eBay shop, and am surprised to find it comes with no installation instructions. Not only that, but a Google search yields no help either. I'm sure there's just a degree of common sense to be applied in doing the job, but I'm concerned that the fixings which accompanied the cargo net included screws, which implies I need to drill holes somewhere in the boot area. Can anyone help?! Thanks :)

Thanks for this. I did find that document earlier, but the front page refers to models from circa 2010-2012, not mine, which is 2014. So, either I assume that this is also relevant to the 2014 model, or, I have received kit for the older model......as I said, I'm surprised I'm being asked to drill holes, to be honest :)

is it definitely applicable to the 2014 Verso? When they face-lifted the Avensis in 2012 they removed the previous fixings for a vertical net (& a vertical net is no longer listed for the car) - I had to scour eBay to find something that would work without drilling holes (as I didn't want to do that). I can give you a link to those if you want but you'll have to wait a few weeks for delivery.

I guess that vertical nets aren't big sellers or perhaps too many people are buying them from China for £10 instead of £35 from Toyota ... ;)

is it definitely applicable to the 2014 Verso? When they face-lifted the Avensis in 2012 they removed the previous fixings for a vertical net - I had to scour ebay to find something that would work without drilling holes (as I didn't want to do that). I can give you a link to those if you want but you'll have to wait a few weeks for delivery.

I guess that vertical nets aren't big sellers or perhaps too many people are buying them from China for £10 instead of £35 from Toyota ... ;)

Well, the paperwork which accompanied the package stated it was applicable to models from 2012 to present, so I'll have to query it with them. For sure, there doesn't appear to be any lower situated hooks in the boot for this purpose, only the silver ones already built in to the moulding in the higher position (odd how they do one but not the other...)

Assuming I have the wrong item, your offer of that alternative link will be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

haha, when they facelifted the Avensis they removed the upper mountings but left in the hoops on the floor which is what I attached the net's lower fixings to.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-PIECES-VELCRO-MOUNTING-EARS-FOR-CAR-BOOT-CARGO-LUGGAGE-TRUNK-FLOOR-NET-NEW-/181456216202 I offered £6 & they accepted.

edit: looks like you will have to cut & paste the link.

Thanks. I'll deal with this once I hear back from Toyota's eBay store after Crimbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links