Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glove Box Removal

mickandjanet

I have a 2015 Toyota Yaris Excel and have misplaced a document that is usually stored in the glove box, it may have slipped behind the box and wish to eliminate this possibility, can someone please explain how to remove the box, there appears to be a damper arm on the L/Hand side of the box, the box can also be used as a cool box.

Thanks

Page 392 (replacement of air conditioning [pollen] filter) of the full owners manual explains how to dismantle the glovebox. The full owners manual may be downloaded from - https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Thanks for reply Frostyballs,. disconnected the arm ok but pushing the sides in to release the claws seems to difficult as there is no give and would hate to break something being only plastic , may be it needs a stronger person, will try and get one.

Thanks

Most Toyotas have a similar arrangement - although not all have the damper arm. So the glovebox lid should be designed to have a small degree of flex.

Just a suggestion, instead of trying to squeeze both sides together try and squish (lovely word) the side nearest the passenger door first and then the other side as this is easier as you can use both hands on it

Del

Perhaps a little gentle heat may soften the plastic. I'd suggest using a hairdryer to warm it first.

I've never found the need to heat the thing. It's as Crofter says, press in the outer side first and disengage it then the other side follows pretty easily. Little tip, even after you've disconnected the top it still remains attached at the lower hinge. If you don't want to spill the contents of the glovebox all over the carpet put a block of wood or something down on the floor first for the lid to rest against once you've disconnected it.

Thanks to all posters for your comments, managed to drop the box ok but alas no document behind.

Thanks

Just a follow up to my last post, called in at MrT (Poole) mentioned my problem and a mechanic came out and dropped the glove box with ease,looked around with flashlight and no sign of my missing Blue Badge, hang on a minute, turns the re-circulated air switch which moves the vent flap and there it is, worth noting,and no charge.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links