Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Long Time Lurker...

Carlps

Hi all,

I've been a follower for a while; excellent and memorable posts on Toya, Craig's beauty (really tempted by the spoiler addition to my own, scared to death about fitting properly though... And lowering springs are first on my list!) and the interior lights and led fitting. All good stuff!

Name is Carl, live near Leicester, love the IQ (I bought as a second car for my wife, and she kept the estate!), this car brings something out in me I haven't felt in years, lol... She's a black IQ1 2010, I spent ages trying to get the 2 for the keyless and fogs... But, the price was right and I wanted a black one!

She's bog standard at the moment, but want to subtlety modify her, lower, meaner, cooler, in time for the summer!

Lowered

Spoiler

Chrome Front fogs/ bumper changes

Chrome wing mirrors possibly

Some form of mud flap addition too I think!

Seem like common choices?

Eibach probably.

Craig, could you advise on your spoiler source please?

Hope to visit here often, so pictures and chat to follow!

All the best,

Carl

• Like 2

Hello Carl - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

Welcome, Carl. I recently fitted OEM mudflaps and they do the job perfectly.

Chris

iQ² in black ☆ red and white leather ☆ sunroof ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome handles and exhaust

Hi Carl

Welcome to the forum and look forward to following the updates to your car.

My spoiler came from America through eBay. If you do a search on there for "scion iq spoiler" you should find a few dealers out there selling them.

Mine came already painted as the silver is an option in the states as well as here but not sure if the black is. Might be worth contacting them first to check they can supply the colour and don't mind sending to the UK.

Don't forget to factor in the import duty on your purchase too. Usually the 20% VAT plus a handling charge.

Hope that helps but give us a shout if you need anything else.

Craig.

Thanks folks, and thanks Craig, I found one that they say they can colour match. Question though... it's a 2012, 13, 14 model. Its a stupid question maybe... but there weren't any changes to the car that would warrant this to not fit is there?

Is it a difficult job to fit on arrival? I have rudimentary mechanical skills (mostly based around building (very expensive, if that helps..) bikes, and a few years helping in a garage when I was a teenager).

Thanks!

Carl

Hello Carl and welcome. Looking forward to see what you do :driving:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links