Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Atf In Manual Transmission

Veloc

Seriously a series of car faults these days....

I went for a manual transmission fluid change. I brought my own gear oil. After draining my transmission of the old oil, it was time to fill in the new. The worker used a machine that was meant to flush ATF to pump my new gear oil into my gearbox. I wasn't sure if that was the standard procedure, so I kept quiet but made sure he flushed the machine thoroughly. And I did ask him to run the machine through with more fresh gear oil.

Long story short, after pumping out the ATF and running with gear oil for a bit, the fluid coming out was still a bit pale red. Only halfway through filling, the fluid turn to the colour that a gear oil suppose to have (dark yellow gold). There may be a bit of ATF in my transmission now.

Is there any adverse effects? Will it damage or shorten the gearbox lifespan? For the record, I'm using a C160 6 speed synchromesh transmission.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links