Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Loss Of Dab Reception

tony durham

I own a 2013 RAV4 diesel and am having a problem with loss of DAB reception.The audio unit was replaced under warranty last month when the CD refused to load.But before and after this I have had loss of DAB reception for up to an hour with nothing on all DAB stations.AM and FM are fine.

Last week I also had a new DAB aerial fitted under warranty but still loose DAB reception in areas where DAB reception has been fine.Anybody experienced similar problems or can suggest how to repair ?

I had the DAB Ready function in my 2011 Rav4 installed by Toyota main dealer.

However the aerial that was supplied with the kit and fitted was totally rubbish, so I got my local alternative (John Klies) to have a look at it and they fitted another aerial and since then the DAB stations "rarely" fade and drop.

They did say that the Toyota aerial that they took out did not have a separate 5 amp power feed to it and that the built in amplifier (I think) would not be receiving DAB stations properly.

Any way, it solved my issue, so it "may" be your aerial (which would be your cheapest starting point), but if this was all done under warranty, take it back and say it's not working properly, even supply them with a upgraded aerial ?

• 1 year later...

Hello, I've recently experienced this. Car on new has good dab reception but recently had changed and the same journey looses reception in many places which were fine before. Did you resolve issue? Planning on contacting Toyota on the issue soon. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links