Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Led Headlamps For Yaris?

YarisHybrid2016

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone replaced the bulbs in the Yaris with LED lights, and if so, how?

Given the rest of the vehicle, I can't understand why this wasn't even an option!

Some versions already have HIR2 bulbs fitted which are around 75-80% brighter than standard halogen bulbs, and Toyota seem to be moving towards this fitment across a number of ranges (IQ, Aygo, Auris, Yaris).

My car has the HIR2 fitting (Gen. 3).

I was interested in changing the headlamps to LED.

Am I correct in thinking they would be less power hungry than halogen?

I was looking at these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-55W-5200lm-9012-HIR2-Car-LED-Headlight-Light-bulb-Beam-Waterproof-DE-/262175113209

Changing the headlamp from halogen to LED is not usually a case of just swapping the bulb (like you do with other lights).

For headlamps, the beam is often focused and directed so the replacement bulb has to have the light coming from the same bit of the bulb as the original. LED bulbs have light sources all over the place so doing a direct swap from a halogen to LED bulb for headlights might not achieve what you want.

• Like 1

LED swapping foglight bulbs is ok but not headlamps. Apart from mentioned above, even though they look brighter, LED replacement bulbs apparently don't have sufficient power to project enough of the light in the right direction , so you end up with a cool looking light but less light on the road ahead.

It will depend on what type of bulb is fitted as standard in your yaris. I changed my auris dipped head lamp bulbs (H11) to LED 30w with a build in cooling fan. The light output is not all over the place or miss directed. The beam pattern is very controlled, with very sharp cut off.....not scattered all over like seen with HID kits....colour is nice and white too, and makes the old H11 bulb output look a little yellow in comparison. I`m very happy with them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links