Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kit Cars

fazzy

Hi guys,

Time for a new challange. I have a Yaris and i am slowly but surely modifying it to look **** hot, but i want to go one step further and build a KIT CAR :) . I am sure most guys have been there. BUT i dont know how to go about gettin one. :(

So, i need info about how to get a kit car which i can build from scratch. I only want to spend a few G'ss and as long as it looks ok and i can build it from scratch i aint fussed.

So does anyone know any websites etc were i can buy it, get it delivered, build it, test it, all for a few thousand.

As long as it looks good, reliable etc (like a Yaris :thumbsup: then i'm good)

Let me know what you guys think and thanks for your time.

I know i can get good advice from here cause it takes some one with brains to buy a Yaris, instead of a ned answer like:=

" jus steal a car and break it up and glue it back together again"

Cheers guys, bye

Haha yeah - you can trust us....

i have no ideas about kit cars - but even thou it pains me to say this

if you used the yaris engine you know it would be reliable and fast..

fast engine - light car - great kit car!!

:thumbsup: Thanks for the website, do you have one yourself or know anyone who has used the website.

I like the pic above and definetly wouldnt mind buying that one, thou i would probably go for some thing more modern, originally wanted a spyder model.

Thanks, does any one else know where i can go?

:thumbsup:

Thanks, does any one else know where i can go?

:thumbsup:

WH Smiths would be a good place to start.

Loads of 'Kit Car Monthly' type mags there.

Rich

go for a caterham like chappers piccy they are awesome!

also dont use a yaris engine

source a 2.0 16v Astra GTE at a scrappy and get that. Ensure its an XE Coscast block (which it should be).

You can tune them buggers upto silly amounts and they are hard as nails!

Even better try and get a Susuki Hayabusa 1.3 engine! In which case you get ferrari destroying performance for about 15k!

http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/

Cheers, guys,

I aint experienced enough to just take a engine from anywhere and shove it in a frame.

This would be ma first kit car, so i was looking for everything to be in a crate.

Also if i was to sell the kit car afterwards, how much more would i get for it, say for example i paid £10,000. Whats the profit margin anyone.

Finally what is the lower end of the price range to getting a full kit car for me to build

Thanks guys

Alot of them u buy at sections at a time for x-amount of money.

Say 10 phases/stages ranging from £2000 upwards...

That Ultima gtr - 17 stages, costing £17k..they go for £65k.. no ****

Hi,

65K, sounds nice, where did you get that price from and where could i sell it for a guranteed price?

Cheers

2003 ULTIMA GTR, 2003, 03 reg.

2000 miles, Surely the finest and most famous example in existance, amazing patronage and specification including 5.7 Litre V8, G50 transaxle, stainless exhaust, twin fuel cells, roll cage, top specification, leather/alloy trim, air conditioning, 18/335/35 rear tyres!, in pristine condition throughout, P/X considered. £49,995 .

Autotrader........

Hi, still lookin, just putting up a update of the search.

I found a few websites which look promising,

www.marlincars.co.uk have a great looking 5exi model for about £8K

www.rallysportreplicas.co.uk have the New Speedster for about £2k min but require a car as a building frame.

www.ngcars.co.uk showing some nice classics for about £9K

Still waiting to hear from websites to see if i can make the mission go further and auctually buy one.

Cheers :thumbsup:

There's a Kit Car show (Usually at the NEC, don't know what time of year though). Just like the motor show, but with Kit cars.

All of the manufacturers go to promote their wares. The staff on each stand know everything you could wish to ask. If you're unsure about what to take on, a visit there should help (or make the decision a million times harder.)

Have you considered an abandoned project? There are loads of kits that never get finished out there sitting in garages. Quite a few have hardly started. People get them and then circumstances change, cash runs out, lose interest, can't do it. In the end they just sell up and draw a line under the job.

You can get everything for a fraction of the price of a new kit by doing it this way.

Rich

that is true

have a look through the kit car mags under the for sale adds for the unfinished projects

a guy at work has just bought a caterham that was an abandoned project, only needed the suspension building and an engine, think he bought the unfinished kit for 4k (albeit 80% built) and then spent about another 5k on buying and fitting the engine, tune ups and having it sprayed up

looks sweet all for less than 10k

what concerns me about this thread, and fazzy, please feel free to correct me.. is that you seem to want to build a kit car to make a profit, rather than for the pleasure of building your own car etc...

Kinda defeats the point? and if you are building to sell, you'd have to do a good job, cos anyone buying one will go over it with a fine tooth comb!

Hi,

its totally for the pleasure of the build, but chances are i wont be able to maintain the car for long, ie insurance, mot, tax etc cause i already got the Yaris, :) plus other expenses.

I want to keep it but if i cant i would have to sell it. I'm just thinking of all options, you know what i mean. Covering my tracks so to speak.

Thanks for the help, any idea how i can find out when and where Kit Car shows are in Central Scotland.

Cheers :thumbsup:

HI

Im building a kitcar-

spyder_rad_a1017.jpg

This isnt mine but mine is nearly finished (kawasaki green :P )

Insurance is VERY cheap trust me :)

This car can be built with anything from a 1.4 metro gti engine to a V6 rover engine :D Even the 1.4 metro GTI engine will do 0-60 in 7.5 secs :P :P

Try here for more info GTM website

Enjoy

Kenny + Caz

Alright,

running out of places to go, either there too expensive or look ugly.

Plus they keep adding extra fees, which otherwise would make the product a definet buy i.e VAT (expected), package, shipping per mile, manual etc. Which add a extra chunk on.

Wont give up thou.

See how it goes

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links