Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Return To The Hud

tarquin

Hi all

I have decided to replace my original Heads up display i designed. And installed in the satnav cover about 2 years ago.

I got the new one as a xmas present that i requested and have now installed it. The original one ran off the OBD2 socket but this one is GPS so runs off 12v. It gives Real time, temperature, speed alerts, speed indication. Number of satellites, etc

Here some pics of the installation. Sorry they are on their side. Uploading has a mind of its own.

If anyone knows where i can get some 1mm thick smoked/tinted perspex/acetate please let me know. Its coverered in clear at the moment but prefere tinted. Nearly forgot the unit costs around £32

David

post-109788-0-97068600-1452701240_thumb.

post-109788-0-86515300-1452701267_thumb.

post-109788-0-87930900-1452701352_thumb.

post-109788-0-85102000-1452701385_thumb.

post-109788-0-24719100-1452701418_thumb.

post-109788-0-27037500-1452701454_thumb.

• Like 3

link to the unit, please?

Looks very interesting David. If you can't get any tinted perspex how about some tint film to put on the clear perspex you have?

Hi

http://www.dx.com/s/Q7HUD

I think its available via Amazon as well

David

Thanks, Gearbest have it for £28 delivered although I have no idea if they are a good company to deal with (good reseller rating though).

It comes with a non slip mat and a thin reflector thats fitted to the winscreen via capillary attraction by squeezing water out. Its used because the laminate in the windscreen gives a double image. Although i have fitted the reflactor its not neceessarry.

David

Oh it also dims at dusk and has a direction inticator. I.e

N NE NW S SE SW. Etc

David

Cool, nice Christmas pressy Is there plenty of cable to connect it? I guess you have the cable hidden anyway with where it's positioned, in place of your home made version. Do I take it that ordinarily it would sit atop the dash on the non-slip mat, enabling you to take it out of the car each time you leave it. They seem to be good functions too, like one would hope for on a HUD. Nice one.

Yes Bob

It Comes self contained and has a mini USB lead to a fused cigarette lighter plug. And a non slip mat. It also has a one way mirror in the form of a very thin see through film which is held to the windscreen by spraying the inside of the windscreen with water and expelling it from between the film and tbe screen with a credit card or similar. It has an on/off switch and a multi function wheel which you set it up. Generally once you have set it up, you dont need to play with it so as mine is buried in the top cover of the satnav its fine. For £33 it was well worth it

David