Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Corolla?

Dohc Vader

Hello everyone,

I have just been wondering if the engine from a turbo starlet bolts directly into a 1.3 Corolla and if not what modifications would need to be made?

Thanks,

Ennis

What year Corolla?

None in particular I haven't bought one yet but I've been pondering the idea of swapping the starlet engine into a Corolla saloon or a Toyota sprinter if it will fit relatively easily into either of them. I'd just be interested to know which model and year would work if any.

Thanks,

Ennis

The 1991-1999 Corolla used the same 1331cc engine as the 1989-1998 Starlet - the 4E-FE engine. Think the Starlet's 1.3 turbo engine - the 4E-FTE - is a version of the 4E-FE.

• Like 1

Ok thank you I suppose the wiring loom would plug right in as well besides a few extra sensors ya? And hopefully the starlet gearbox would mount using the same brackets as the Corolla, I assume the corolla's stock clutch and gearbox wouldn't be able to handle the added power but to be honest I don't know a whole lot about Toyotas but I'm hoping to get myself involved in the near future

• 2 months later...

If your dropping a starlet glanza v engine into a 1990-1999 corolla use the 6speed g6r corolla gearbox and swop out the tiny glanza turbo for a td05 one Then you'll know what driving pleasure is and you will have that extra punch when you want to overtake other traffic 

• 1 month later...

As a long time member get onto ukstarletowners.com for any info on the engine. The engine will drop right in but the 4efte uses a different loom both engine and dash from its non turbo counterpart so you would be needing to do some custom wiring I would think as I guess there will be some different bits and bobs in a corolla interior from a starlet . If your not forging your engine then a td05 might be pushing it . Go for a hybrid version of the ct9 and a decent ecu. In ran 1.2 bar on a ct9 hybrid on standard internals with a his ecu and it pulled a 205 on the dyno. More like than enough for fun in a little car . Power to weight makes a giant difference . Just keep an eye on things as my feeling went off and caused piston issues . 

Russell