Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dpf Issues......blah Blah Blah

marcus1983

hi guys, im in need of your infinate wisdom, the dpf failed on my verso t180, so have had the unit replaced by a local garage, the car is no longer in limp mode (thank god) but the mechanic told me i need to take it to toyota, so they can re-programme the ecu or something to tell it that the filter has been replaced.

is this really needed? surely if the unit has been replaced all should be ok?? he said itll go back into limp mode if i dont get it done.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

t.i.a!

The car does require the "learnt values" to be reset within the engine ECU otherwise the car will continue to treat the DPF as an old filter, regenerating too often and burning the filter out prematurely.

The car has a pre programmed routine to ensure the filter is cleared correctly as the filter ages and blocks the car increases the frequency and length of regens' to ensure the filter stays clear. A new filter won't need such regular regens' but unless the ECU is reset the car will not know this and will continue as though the old filter is still installed, I have seen new filters destroyed in less than a thousand miles after fitting and not resetting the ECU.

Also whilst at the Toyota dealers ask to have the latest Engine ECU software installed as this will include multiple improvements to the operating software including fixes for potential DPNR/EGR/Injector/SCV issues.

What caused your old DPF to fail and have all the faults been rectified? If you take it to a Toyota dealer to have the ECU updated and they find faults with other parts of the system then you could be in for some costly replacements