Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Lc3 Tyres Can I Fit..

fatgazzer

265 65 17s at present its fitted with 245 45 17s.

I know this will affect the gearing but am I right in assuming the engine (3.0 D4D) will have enough torque to overcome this, I will be towing.

I'm also assuming the height / ground clearance will also increase.

Gaz

You need to use a tyre calculator to see what effect the change will have on your speedometer. In the UK it is illegal for a speedometer to under-read (show less than the actual speed).

Using this calculator - http://www.autopartuk.com/tyre-calculator/

your speedometer will under-read by 19.5%, and read 60mph when you're travelling at 71.7mph, so will be illegal.

You need to use a tyre calculator to see what effect the change will have on your speedometer. In the UK it is illegal for a speedometer to under-read (show less than the actual speed).

Using this calculator - http://www.autopartuk.com/tyre-calculator/

your speedometer will under-read by 19.5%, and read 60mph when you're travelling at 71.7mph, so will be illegal.

Thanks for that

But if the other versions use this size tyres there must be a re-calibration of some sort available?

Cheers Gaz

Yes there would be - just pointing out that the current calibration won't be legal.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there would be - just pointing out that the current calibration won't be legal.

Thanks Mike

Just done a calibration test, sort of, against my sat nav and the speedo is reading about 8% high. Its reading 70 at 65 mph, so I may just scrape in under the 10% leeway depending on which brand of course.

Then there's always a slightly smaller tyre 255's ??

Cheers Gaz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links