Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Converting Aux To Usb On A 2010 Model

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

On 16/01/2016 at 0:37 AM, frankie406 said:

If anyone on here has Toyota diagnostic tool could probably do it.? Or you could possibly buy the tool and try it yourself ?they can be bought on auction sites

HI GUYS...

Just a thought...I have the 2010 T4 Toyota Avensis...I noticed an aux connection inside my arm rest this morning...got me thinking...I would have preferred a usb connection as I like to download my music on to a USB stick...however...is there a way around this...by plugging something into the aux connection...but has a USB plug on the other side???

I look forward to some responses guys...please! :flowers:

Excellent Alan333...cheers mate...will look into that...although me and partner agreed we wouldn't mess around with the interior on this vehicle, we did quite a few mods to the last Corolla...running amps...upgrading door Speakers...and a cd changer...broke a few clips here and there...may be its me...things didn't look or feel as good as they did when we first got the car lol!

:flowers:

Sam, when I got my Avensis, I was slightly disappointed about not have USB because I am not a fan of the AUX input. That is why I sourced and installed my USB/micro SD/Bluetooth/AUX adaptor and an extension cable.

I made an how to:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/50-how-to-add-usb-adapter-to-avensis-t27-with-w53828-cd-stereo/

One thing about removing the trim, it is quite easy to remove and put back (for me) without any damage. I have the trim removal tools. Actually the Mk3 Avensis is one of the easiest I have come across.

The early Mk3 bluetooth on the W53828 stereo is only for phone calls and not ADLP, so you cannot play music via bluetooth. The adaptor does this, plus most of not all functions are controlled via steering wheel controls.

CDs are old hat now, even if the music is in MP3 format. USB memory cards are faster to add and access music, with a far greater capacity.

Konrad

Sam, when I got my Avensis, I was slightly disappointed about not have USB because I am not a fan of the AUX input. That is why I sourced and installed my USB/micro SD/Bluetooth/AUX adaptor and an extension cable.

I made an how to:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/50-how-to-add-usb-adapter-to-avensis-t27-with-w53828-cd-stereo/

One thing about removing the trim, it is quite easy to remove and put back (for me) without any damage. I have the trim removal tools. Actually the Mk3 Avensis is one of the easiest I have come across.

The early Mk3 Bluetooth on the W53828 stereo is only for phone calls and not ADLP, so you cannot play music via Bluetooth. The adaptor does this, plus most of not all functions are controlled via steering wheel controls.

CDs are old hat now, even if the music is in MP3 format. USB memory cards are faster to add and access music, with a far greater capacity.

Konrad

Hi Konrad...

Excellent work mate...and looks good...just what i was looking for...ill be sure to look into that unit further...cheers matey.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18 January 2016 at 9:53 AM, Konrad C said:

I made an how to:

The early Mk3 Bluetooth on the W53828 stereo is only for phone calls and not ADLP, so you cannot play music via Bluetooth. The adaptor does this, plus most of not all functions are controlled via steering wheel controls.

Konrad

Hi Konrad...

on this topic again...we have decided to go for the same unit as yours, but without the bluetooth option.

considering that we have the nav unit B9012, i have no idea if it would be compatible? I have messaged the seller via E Bay numerous times but they dont seem to respond. The one reply i did get is that it SHOULD work as it does with other sat nav units but they havent tested it themselves, however an overseas seller states not compatible with sat nav versions who sell the same unit, and also the listings state up to 2009 and ours is a 2010.

I would like to buy it asap, at 35.00 its not a bad price, i have already purchased my trim removal kit to do the job.

what do you think? Unless there are other unit options that you know will work, i assume my cd changer plug is blank at the rear, i hope so anyway, i really miss my usb stick, missing my oldy classics lol.

Been doing some more research...

Found a picture of the rear of our unit...don't think it will work out...as the E Bay units seem to come with a 12 pin plug...and I think my unit has 10 pins.

Hey I came across another item...it converts aux to usb...just a small cable looking thing £1.59...wondering if that could work may be

$_57[2].jpg

Hi Sam,

The black socket is the CD changer socket is the correct socket to plug USB adapter into. It is standard to all Toyotas.

There are quite a few adapters, from official Toyota, Grom, Dension, Xcarlink, Connects2, Yatour and many more. Some support iPods some don't, and very few support text display.

List of Toyota official accessories:    https://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim/Aim.aspx

Toyotas official USB adapter and fitting instructions: https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7BAD06D98A-ADEB-E828-4488-C462D022ADEB%7D/Avensis_USB_PZ473_00267_00_AIM_001_249_0.pdf

More food for thought.

Konrad

20 hours ago, Konrad C said:

Hi Sam,

The black socket is the CD changer socket is the correct socket to plug USB adapter into. It is standard to all Toyotas.

There are quite a few adapters, from official Toyota, Grom, Dension, Xcarlink, Connects2, Yatour and many more. Some support iPods some don't, and very few support text display.

List of Toyota official accessories:    https://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim/Aim.aspx

Toyotas official USB adapter and fitting instructions: https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7BAD06D98A-ADEB-E828-4488-C462D022ADEB%7D/Avensis_USB_PZ473_00267_00_AIM_001_249_0.pdf

More food for thought.

Konrad

HI Konrad

So do you think that your E Bay unit would work with my sat nav? At 35.00 its a no brainer if it does the job.

I did notice the original Toyota kit version, but its not cheap, just under 200.00 if I am not mistaken, but its interesting how the brands that you listed Xcarlink, Connects2, Yatour etc...all mention clearly that they aren't suitable for sat nav units! It makes me wonder if anybody has tried and tested them.

Good evening...

I have been doing some more research on this topic guys.

All the E Bay sellers that i have messaged have confirmed that the various manufactured units available are NOT compatible with a Toyota B9012 nav unit.

I rang around all my local car audio centres who confirmed the same thing.

Spoke with Toyota who said that they could supply me with the genuine usb fitting kit but at 125.00 was it worth it?

So i concluded that i am stuck with this aux input...and then it came to me...i have been concentrating on usb and my music on a usb stick...BUT how about buying an mp3 player...like an i pod for example...move my music across...and connect that to the aux instead...leave it in the car...PROBLEM SOLVED! I should have thought of it first...saves me ripping my dash apart too.

Any thoughts are most appreciated lads.

That is another solution Sam. Not owning or tried the B9012,  does it support bluetooth playback? The manual should cover this and say the stereo supports ADLP. I have played music from my phones this way in both my cars. Also with the Mk3, the steering controls works functions like change tracks, stop and play. 

Another thing to consider. 

• Like 1

I don't think the b9012 supports bluetooth music

You could consider this :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009NLTW60/ref=mp_s_a_1_1/276-3378229-3530839?qid=1454761902&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=btc450&dpPl=1&dpID=31GEHVHGBML&ref=plSrch

I'm using it on my T25. Works perfectly with a phone. An additional 12v power supply behind the trim would hide all the wiring. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sam

I been bugged by yours and another query, regarding the cd changer socket at the rear of Toyota stereos, because there are only two types of sockets - the earlier larger 5+7 socket, and the later smaller 6+6 socket. Now the problem is that some stereo with the later socket show only 5+5 as two of the pins are missing! I looked closes at the sockets and realised that if you look at the socket with the missing pins, the space is larger where the missing pins would be located! Plus the two missing pins are not needed anyway as they are the "Mute" and "Batt" which you not need using an  USB/SD/AUX adapter.

Scroll down the attached link to see the pin out of the socket: - 

http://www.mp3car.com/car-audio/78577-pinout-for-toyota-cd-changers.html

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=35&cat=11&page=1

I have looked at the RAV4 forum and somebody had the same issue, plus some clear photos:

That means adding USB should be fine. Toyota have not changed the socket, but simply removed 2 redundant pins.

Konrad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links