Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Clutch Kit

dankernow

Hi, the sr will need a new clutch soon and ive seen a valeo clutch kit for under £54.00 which is cheap! Is this likely to be ok? Does anyone know who makes toyota's clutches? Any further recommendations for which brand to go for ie LUK, BORG & BECK, BLUE PRINT etc

Its a 2007 corolla 1.6. Thanks

LUK and SACHS clutches are what local taxi drivers tell me they swear by.

Blueprint are also said to be good but all three will cost over £90, twice what that Valeo cost.

Considering the cost /time to replace the clutch, if you are intending to keep the car it might be flase economy to fit a cheapy, unless someone in the know can assure you the cheapy is as good as those three makes mentioned.

I fitted a LUK recently, its nice and light and smooth.

Thanks, that was my concern with the valeo clutch kit (although it was listed at a reduced price to clear!) I know valeo make some original parts for the corolla ie lights, so i assumed they might be ok in other components! I had a luk fitted to my last corolla but didnt keep it long enough after fitment to know how good it was.

I had that fitted to my e11 at a cost of £250 and yet the same garage has quoted me £420 for the e12. Toyota was i think about £670!! Is there a major difference between the e11 and e12 in fitting a clutch?

If anyone alse has a view on valeo clutch please let me know.

Thanks

Assume your garage price is including the clutch parts ? - perhaps the old E11 parts were cheaper , plus inflation since ..?

I got quotes of £300 inc parts from places like Mr.Clutch just last year.

Something that surprised me, until I saw the manufacturers web site, that on eBay and elsewhere cheap sites, there are a good few fake clutch kits making out as the big brand names.

Is it a full clutch kit with the plate, the cover/spring and the bearing?

I had a Valeo put on my Yaris some years back and it was okay.

Last time I checked Valeo and LUK were OE suppliers for clutches for Toyota but this may have changed?

Thanks for the replies.

It is a 3 piece clutch kit. The e11 clutch was done 2 years ago and was a 1.4 and not a 1.6, so prehaps thats made a difference!

As for fake parts, i'd never thought of that. Its worth abit more research into who i buy from i think.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links