Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso Economy

BSPAUL

Bought 1.6 Verso new. Have covered 2000 miles mostly urban driving but only getting 37 mpg, Is this normal?

Petrol or diesel ??

This thread is pretty meaningless without knowing whether posters have petrol or diesel versions

sounds about right for a fairly heavy small engine car doing urban driving

The Honest John "Real MPG" site (http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/toyota/verso-2013) has owners' entries for mpg figures of around 43mpg for the 1.6 petrol, and an incredible 66mpg average for the 1.6 D-4D.

As the owner of a 1.6 D-4D I have to say that I find a more realistic average for the 1.6 diesel in mixed driving is around 48 - 50 mpg, but lower if used for short urban journeys ... and also of course lower in winter months when the diesel takes a few miles to get up to optimal temperature.

Bought 1.6 Verso new. Have covered 2000 miles mostly urban driving but only getting 37 mpg, Is this normal?

Sounds about right. We have the 1.8 CVT and it returns around 35mpg in mixed conditions.

We bought petrol because we do lots of short journeys, so while the mpg might not be great, at least we don't have to worry about DPFs.

• 4 weeks later...

Having same problem with my new verso. I've covered 5000 miles and All I can manage to get is 39mpg with combined driving. Be interested to see if this topic takes off, and if anybody has had this issue and got it resolved 

Mod - see post 2. This thread is pretty meaningless without knowing whether posters have petrol or diesel versions.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links