Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Screen Wash Pump

Eightball

Hi

3 years running my screen wash has stopped working in below zero temperatures. Is this a 'thing' for Toyotas? Every year the dealer charges me £150 odd to put a new one in, this year I want to replace it myself. I can find information on how to get to it, but can anyone tell me where to buy a new one? Is the only option a genuine one from Toyota or the breakers yard?

Are you sure that it is the pump?

Are you using screenwash rated for the temp? Otherwise I think that I can safely safe that you are extremely unlucky as it is not a common complaint at all, at all. ;)

• Like 1

Might be a help to have the year of your Avensis added to your profile and (although it makes no difference to the washer pump), whether it is diesel or petrol.

Could send Parts King a personal message, detailing your car (reg no as a minimum) and what you want for a price on the OE part.

Are you sure that it is the pump?

Are you using screenwash rated for the temp? Otherwise I think that I can safely safe that you are extremely unlucky as it is not a common complaint at all, at all. ;)

I agree with Scott regarding the use of screen wash.

I always use pre-mixed screen wash or concentrated screenwash that needs diluting. Never add water only, as this weakens the strength and antifreeze rating.

Normally the windscreen washer motor fails after long service, but to fail due to freezing tells me that the fluid is not correct, then trying to use the screenwash strains the motor. My Mk1 is on its second washer motor (secondhand), changed some years back and still going strong.

Before the 4th motor fails, add concentrated or winter screenwash. You may need to empty the reservoir to make room.

Mrs Kingo uses her washers like they were going out of fashion on the Corolla. I always use a ready mixed screenwash in it in the summer, but it is useless when winter arrives, the fluid always freezes at the nozzles, so I use a decent quality concentrated version when winter arrives, we never have a problems with a concentrated version. It can often be bought at supermarkets / Costco / Factors for a decent price

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links