Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Ist 2002/3 Looks Very Nice, Seen Local To Me In Bexley

Konrad C

I see this unusual car near my local corner shop in the Bexleyheath area. I could not identify the model at first so after a lot of guess work and discovering it was a Toyota, I discovered it is called ist. Obviously it is a personal import.

post-76861-0-71181100-1453284104_thumb.j

I did see it driving a few days back going opposite direction to me.

What I have learnt about the ist, is that based on the Yaris, and the dash is similar with all the gauges, placed in the centre of the dashboard.

Info from Wiki, states that two engines are used 1.3 2NZ and 1.5 1NZ, and the car has either 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto. The 1.5 can also come with four wheel drive. I am not sure what engine transmission combo this car has.

The owner must love Toyotas as there was a Previa on the drive. That is another subject I have noticed - people who have multiple cars of the same make.

The ist is the only one I have seen and to me, it is a very rear site.

Its a first generation Ist. The second generation was officially exported to Europe as the Urban Cruiser between 2008 and 2014, but was discontinued due to low sales.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links