Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Was Up Time On Heater

idh

Hi, I find in this weather I have driven approx 6 miles before I start to feel the benefit of the heater is this about right? My previous cars mondeo and seat warmed up after a mile or so 1.4 diesel . 2009 26,000 miles, thanks.

Was your Mondeo petrol or diesel?

Hi, Ian I would suggest that the thermostat is checked to see if it is operating as it should as one that is stuck open when cold would give that effect

Del

Thanks Del I will get one and try it, I wasn't sure if it was normal for the auris to heat up slowly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2016 at 5:52 PM, idh said:

Hi, I find in this weather I have driven approx 6 miles before I start to feel the benefit of the heater is this about right? My previous cars mondeo and seat warmed up after a mile or so 1.4 diesel . 2009 26,000 miles, thanks.

Hi, 

I have the 2L diesel with 179000 on the clock, and as far back as I can remember mine has always taken about 5 miles of motorway driving to get any warm air through the vents.... 

Thanks, it just seems to be the way they are,  I have checked the thermostat and it's fine just have to get used to it.

I drive a 64 plate diesel Peugeot van which takes up to about 3 miles before the temperature gauge even starts to move, so yours doesn't seem any different.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links