Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Rear Disc Brake Backing Plates.

Tank Master

Hi

I am a new member to the forums. I have recently been told by my mechanic that I need to replace my rear disc brake backing plates on my Gen 7 2001 Celica

I tried searching for them on-line only to find that these things are extremely hard to get hold of. Seen some guy selling one on eBay for £320. Checked with Toyota main dealer who informed me that theirs are £233 each.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a decent cheap set of these from? I have heard a rumour that the Toyota Prius ones are the same as the 2001 celicas. Can anyone confirm that this is true.

Many thanks in advance.

The price of these backing plates is shocking, and not just for Toyota. You definitely won't get them cheap anywhere, there's not enough demand for the aftermarket guys to get into all the tooling etc that's required so take a deep breath and present your credit card. Sorry bud.

Yes I think you maybe right however I have been looking on websites in the US. But I have hit a stumbling block. The Gen 7 Celicas over there have a sub model which is the GT & the GTS. Does anyone know which sub model is equivalent to my 2001 1.8 VVTI. I am only assuming that the GT is the VVTI & the GTS is the T-sport.

Thanks for help.

I believe the GT (140) does not have rear discs, Paul.

Have you tried TCB in Cornwall?..http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/

Failing that, get in touch with ams (a corporate member on celica-club). Amit is brilliant, and can be trusted implicitly to supply good used components for the Gen 7.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links