Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Best Additive To Use

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi Guys.

Just a thought lads.

Do any of you recommend a particular additive or treatment to use for a diesel? Although our diesel drives beautifully...only had it 2 weeks, i would like to keep her that way. I noticed that the exhaust pours with water when revving, which i believe is a good indicator that all is healthy?

A close friend of mine swears by the Millers brand.

Upon a recent visit to Halfords, i saw a vast display of various types, and found it a little daunting to say the least, even saw a particular additive that claims to clean your DPF...the description read as if with regular use, your DPF will last forever!

I look forward to any suggestions and thank you in advance, much appreciated.

Sammy

Just as an aside, our local Asda has had value packs of Redex petrol and diesel system cleaner reduced to £7. Three 250ml bottles which, if the dose is the same as petrol, is enough to treat around six tanks.

Used to use BG244 once or twice a year as a system cleaner. Then switched to Archoil AR6400-D for that.

AR6200 can be added to fuel as an additive but I just switched to buying premium diesel (e.g. Shell V-Power Nitro+).

Hopefully, it's all overkill! :)

• Like 1

Use the best diesel fuel available Sammy.......Shell V-Power nitro+, its worth the extra if you care for your car and plan on keeping her :)

• Like 1

I use 2 stroke low ash mineral oil (Comma green) and have done for years.It runs very sweet and never had a problem. The burn properties of 2 stroke keep it nice and clean & lubed, plenty of info out there for more. Add 300-400ml per tank. I never use super market fuel only Shell V power or BP ultimate. Mine is an 09' 2.2D-cat 180. I also only use Mobil 1 ESP and change oil & filter every 5K or less.

I agree with the bg stuff and just have bought the ar6400d.also use the 2 stroke oil with fantastic results...and have always been a fan of millers I used it in both my diesel and petrol cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links