Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Boot Not Shutting Without Slamming

geoffus

I bought a Yaris Hybrid 2012 last week, But having problems shutting having to slam it shut, took it back to John Roe Toyota, they replaced seal, looks like they lubricated the lock and catch but still the same. any body any ideas? please

Geoffus

Hello Geoffrey - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Duplicate post deleted, and this post moved to the Yaris club

They'll need to adjust it. We had the same with our 2014 Yaris, trip to the dealer and they soon managed to sort it :)

Took it back to Toyota again, had it all day, but still the same, the man told me in the service department that the do have this problem with some Yaris cars. I wish I had never bought this car, got to take it back again next for them to fit new top latch. 

6 hours ago, geoffus said:

Took it back to Toyota again, had it all day, but still the same, the man told me in the service department that the do have this problem with some Yaris cars. I wish I had never bought this car, got to take it back again next for them to fit new top latch. 

Better get a BMW instead. That'd be way out of warranty by now ...

On 23/01/2016 at 6:08 PM, MEP's Yaris GS said:

They'll need to adjust it. We had the same with our 2014 Yaris, trip to the dealer and they soon managed to sort it :)

It would be interesting to know how they achieve this adjustment. There is no adjustment on either the lock itself or the striker. I've checked because of having the same problem from new.

Cars in for service soon and I will be requesting they check it.

Going back in on Wednesday, will see now it comes back this time. Yes your right mrpj there no adjustment, I am not very optimistic that this will work, if not i will contact Trading Standards and see how I stand with this problem.

See 

I had the same problem with mine when I first got it but it's fine now, presumably the seal has compressed a bit.

MIne had the fault before the seal was replaced. Thank you Frostyballs for Consumer Rights Act, I can see that becoming useful

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links