Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Often Do You Change Your Oil & Filter

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi All,

Just a quick one, we recently purchased our 2010 2.0 diesel, has 62500 on the clock, last serviced at a Toyota dealer at 56204, the next service is due in September 2016, which according to Toyota will be the FULL service, not quite sure what that involves but they did say that it would cost an extra £39.99 because they will have to re-new the break fluid.

However, my question is, would it be a good idea to change the oil and filter myself in between services? My neighbour drives an old Vauxhall estate and he recons its a good idea to change the oil & filter every 3 months, he sears its the answer to trouble free motoring.

what do you guys think?

Go with what the book says, probably every year or 10k, whichever comes first.

At least for my 2012 MY car the Toyota schedule is once a year or every 12,500 miles whichever sooner. My car is now only doing ~8,000 miles pa so I am quite happy with the once a year. How many miles p.a. do you think that you will be doing?

Your neighbour probably isn't using the same oil that your car needs (as yours has a DPF it needs C2 spec.). If your car has ~6l capacity like the 2.2 the oil alone is probably going to cost you £50-60.

Stick to the Toyota service schedule Sammy which will be in the vehicles handbook ;)

Thanks Guys...okay...will do then...i will await the next service then...and not fiddle about too much lol...didnt realise how expensive the oil is for these cars!!!

I use Mobil 1 ESP 5-30 and not that expensive from Opie oil. every 5K. +1 for Shell nitro or BP ultimate.

Ps. be aware when pricing oil,some suppliers price a 4lit. container which looks cheap but can be more expensive than the 5lit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links