Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got A 2008 1.8 Avensis Tr Petrol Toyota History

waqar_lionheart

Hi All,

So I upgraded to a 2008 1.8 petrol manual estate. I have to say I have had it 2 days and I have fallen in love with it. I used to own a 1.8 2000 vvti. I also have to say that I had started hating toyota for building an oil burner. I hated them. But I would like to think that now they have wooed me once again. What a serene and smooth drive. The pick up and suspension both a world away from other makes. Driver position is very good too.

Its currently giving me 45mpg average. I drive mostly long routes, going to mums in a different town etc along a217.

One thing is that for every 1.8 tr spec that I saw on auto trader, it said it had cruise control. I was thinking that wow I have got the full package. When I got there to see the car in person. da da da. No cruise control. I was a bit upset but having test driven this car, I said to myself whats a cruise control when the car is so amazing. Anyways, been reading up and also found that I cant get this added to my car as ECU doesnt support this. Anyways its not a show stopper.

One more thing, its got is TRC and VSC which i like. Hand brake is good old school lever ones(i despise epb. SORRY KONRAD).

SO JUST WONDERING WHEN CHANGING BRAKES IF I HAVE TO BE VARY OF ANYTHING. I.E. NOT TO DISTURB VSC AND TRC.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Waqar

• Like 1

Hi Waqar,

I knew you will like the late Mk2. Also you are right about the EBP. If it goes wrong, the repair cost is stupid, even at £600. I did say that the Mk2 1.8 does not have cruise control, but it shouldn't be important.

The Mk2 TR has extra kit that my Mk3 is missing, unless I got the NAV version which brings them back.

Yes there are swings and roundabouts between the 2 versions, and some members have owned both Tourers.

The most important thing is that the 1ZZ-FE engine is now reliable and no oil burning. The 2ZR-FAE engine which replaced the 1ZZ-FE, started on the right note. Toyota learned the lesson.

Any brake maintenance will be easy. None of the systems like VSC and TRC are effected.

Enjoy your new car Waqar, and hope I don't make you envious of mine when I see you.

Konrad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links