Do Not Sell My Personal Information

X-Touch Multimedia System, Iphone Apps Mode

James_B

Hello, looking for advice.

I've just bought an Aygo X-pression with the X-touch multimedia system installed (no X-Nav). bluetooth connects perfectly with my iPhone 5c allowing the phone, music and messaging functions to operate normally. However, I've been trying to establish how 'iPhone APPS mode' works and from reading the manual, an app called 'Appincar' must be installed on the iPhone (this, I have done), a specific cable is also required from Toyota. At one end, this cable plugs into both the lightning and headphone connector of the iPhone, this cable then runs into an in-line unit on the cable and then out again to the other end, where it plugs into the USB and AUX ports in the dashboard. Thinking this cable would set me back around £40-£50 approx. it turns out Toyota are asking for £125 for it!!!.

Has anyone managed to source this cheaper as I have better things to spend £125 on?

I've looked on eBay, Amazon etc. There are cables with the correct connections listed for almost every brand of Toyota you can think of, alas...no Aygo though. These are listed for £10-£15. These are cheap but I reckon they're too far the other way and you get what you pay for in the end. I'm not a skinflint, I just hate being mugged. I would just like to buy a sensibly priced cable in order to get the full use out of the X-touch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you could try looking to see if the Citroen/Peugeot prices are cheaper?

• Like 1

If you want to play music from your phone using the screen then you just connect via bluetooth. If you want apps like sat nav to work on the screen then give up as I couldn't get mine to work. It's a shame as the idea is great but for some reason nothing has come of it yet.

• Like 1

Thanks

I've noticed a few people mention Citroen and Peugeot. I know the X-touch is a Pioneer system so do Citroen and Peugeot have the same/similar system in their vehicles too? If so, that could be a good shout.

Thanks Martin

Sadly, I can see me giving up with this. The system is just so restricted, which is sad. You get the feeling that there's a better system within it trying to get out but it's just becoming too much effort to free it all up. Really frustrating as I'd like to be able to use it to it's full capacity.

Thanks

I've noticed a few people mention Citroen and Peugeot. I know the X-touch is a Pioneer system so do Citroen and Peugeot have the same/similar system in their vehicles too? If so, that could be a good shout.

The Citroen C1, Peugeot 208 & the Aygo are sisters under the different skins - built in the same plant. Pretty sure that the Pioneer hardware is common to all but easily checked by finding Citroen/Peugeot forums & asking.

• Like 1

If you want to play music from your phone using the screen then you just connect via Bluetooth. If you want apps like sat nav to work on the screen then give up as I couldn't get mine to work. It's a shame as the idea is great but for some reason nothing has come of it yet.

I never use my phone to play music in the car .. I'm not sure why I would want to do that. I Just copied all my music files onto a USB memory and plug and play from there. Total control from the touchscreen, All track and album information (including cover art) readily displayed..... simple and brilliantly efective

• Like 1

I had both USB and phone. Nice to have the choice. Shame the Speakers weren't better and spread throughout the car.