Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibrating seat 2014 new shape Aygo

dustyjoe

My daughter just phoned me and sent me a video on messenger of her car making a noise. Only thing to describe it is the sound of when you blow a spark plug. She said it was coming from the passenger seat area and the seat was vibrating. Any ideas 

Cheers

could you post the video somebody may recognise the sound

Not  with my daughter, but she joined the forum and try and post it

Loz, maybe put a pretty photo of yourself as an avatar and make a comment, it did the trick for someone a few weeks ago, got about 100 replies :p

i wouldn't be too harsh with members on here as the noise you are experiencing is a strange noise

i can understand why you mentioned the spark plug ,could it of been something to do with the

heater fan as there is normally an air vent under the passenger seat and the sound may of

travelled down the ducting.the other answer is to go back to the dealer.

My post was a bit tongue and cheek ;) 

She has it booked in for Tuesday, still under warranty and had it a couple of months. it is second hand just over a year old

When does the sound occur - at idle, at speed, intermittently, all the time?

Could imagine this happening at idle if the dle speed is a bit on the low side, especially as the Aygo's engine is three cylinder and has a slightly uneven tickover.

Think a visit to a dealer is needed. 

She said it happened at the end of her journey while driving and at idle, this morning i went to her boyfriends house about 10 miles away to have a look, nothing. Got her to drive the car home, still not a sound. Glad she recorded it, as the dealer might have an idea with the video

if the exhaust was hitting the body of the car you would hear a heavier sounding noise 

Depends how much it is touching really, either that or the seat is slightly loose or a seat  mounting bolt is slightly loose would cause this sort of noise

It went in,They listened to the noise and thought it very strange, checked everything under the car just to see if everything is tight and only thing they could guess at is the seat between two positions, but still never heard it like that before. Good news is not done it since that video

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links