Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

She only went and stuffed it in

sdparkes

So my daughter is now in tears, car a tad on the "unhealthy" side of things..

A 2014 Aygo, 5 door..  Need an O/S/F wing, just to get her back on the road, then will organise door etc..

Any recommendations for parts would be appreciated..

Thanks

Simon

oops1.jpg

Parts King on here is Lindop Toyota parts dept & would probably quote you a price incl. a discount.

Is it worth considering claiming against your insurance? The terms of your insurance may require you to notify them even if you don't intend to claim.

i have just had a look on eBay and there are a few sellers breaking your model of aygo

must be worth contacting some of them for a price as the parts will be original

here is a link for you to look at :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xbreaking+2014+aygo.TRS0&_nkw=breaking+2014+aygo&_sacat=0

Hi, first of all unfortunate accident, but accidents are accidents and it had obviously been snowing, these things happen.

Personally i'd just tell your insurance company and let them transport it to a Toyota Approved Repairer and you'll probably get a curtesy car as well. If Toyota learn the car has been crashed and not repaired by an approved repairer you may well find you won't be able to sell it back to a Toyota dealer, i.e. they won't touch it if you ever want to trade it in for a newer or better model so then you are left with selling it privately or to a non Toyota dealer and if you say it hasn't been crashed you are getting into a sticky area and may get some comebacks.

You'd be amazed how much a crash like this can cost to repair (Toyota parts can be very expensive) and re aligning the parts takes skill, so like I say i'd  consider the insurance route and have a car repaired to it's former glory as it doesn't look that old as it is.

Regards Mike.

Plus it won't be covered under the manufacturers warranty as it hasn't been serviced or repaired by an approved used Toyota dealer. 

How old is she as if she is young then the high insurance premiums would make me repair it myself and run the risk. 

if no one else is involed i would get quotes for repairing the car and if not too expensive repair it myself

i dont see why you would want to put your insurance up for the next 5 years if you dont need to,

i get the feeling that simons daughter is quiet young and with increased premiums it may put her off the road.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eygo said:

if no one else is involed i would get quotes for repairing the car and if not too expensive repair it myself

i dont see why you would want to put your insurance up for the next 5 years if you dont need to,

i get the feeling that simons daughter is quiet young and with increased premiums it may put her off the road.

Thats exactly it, her premium is already £1500, with a telemetry box !!!  a claim now would send it though the roof to be honest.

There'll be a bit more work to repairing that than chucking on a new wing and door.  Bite the bullet and get it done by your local bodyshop who will have the ability to align it all properly and paint it nice and shiny like new.  To keep costs down they might even fit parts that you have sourced and given them, and that door just might be repairable.

Martin's advice above is a little misleading regarding warranty.  Toyota can't demand that your car is serviced or repaired by them to keep up the new car warranty, but they can demand that work is carried out to their standards and intervals, and the onus is on you to prove that it has been.  This is under block exemption rules, a legal argument that the big car manufacturers lost a few years ago.

Note I say "new car warranty" above, since they are different to aftermarket warranties in that aftermarket warranties can specify anything they like.

edit...out of interest what did she hit, and how?

Hi, since this car has a telemetry, (A black box), would the insurance company not already know the car has been crashed?

i am sure the boxes dont update the insurance company the boxes info has to be downloaded

3 hours ago, eygo said:

because it may be part of the terms of the insurance to notify them of any accidents, so failing to do so would invalidate the policy & if discovered she would then become guilty of driving without insurance ....

btw telematics boxes may have have a SIM card in them to send the information, failing that I would imagine that there is a requirement  to upload the info on a regular basis - wouldn't be much use to the insurance companies if they didn't get the info ...

They can communicate to varying degrees, I believe. Some can alert the emergency services, and/or call the driver to check all is well.

I am assuming the black boxes work like my gas and electric meters (Smart meters). As and when they, my energy provider, want to they 'zap' the meters via the 3G network to get a meter readings. On my behalf it means I never have to give meter readings and for the energy companies they can tell if someone isn't being exactly honest with their consumption if you get my meaning. Where i am heading is I am assuming this young ladies black box company can extract data from it anytime they want to, whether the data can identify a crash I don't know but I think they would be able to detect a very sudden stop. I'd be tempted either to play it honest and confess or bodge repair the car and get rid of it and hope it don't catch up with you, it's a 50/50 decision.

Mike.

The other thing to consider is does she own the car outright or is it on some kind of finance?

Trying to prove that your work has been done to the right standard is almost impossible so effectively not getting any work done by Toyota could give them a good excuse not to honour the warranty. 

Looking at the options a bodge and sell it might be a better option as the insurance hike will be massive. 

Hi Heidfirst.

Very good comment about is the car on finance, I believe legally if it is then the car has to be repaired by a Toyota Approved Repairer if the trade in value exceeds the settlement figure. Perhaps I am too honest, lol, but I would have to get it done properly, it doesn't matter if it's £1000 or £3000 to repair the car it's still only one 'hit' (Excuse the pun) to the ladies insurance company.

Mike.

6 hours ago, eygo said:

I had a small bump last year and just repaired the car myself, there were no other witnesses around so just didn't say anything to the insurance company. I personally don't want to give them any excuse. I'm sure they'll still try me with a ridiculously high quote to continue with them this year before I ring them and they suddenly reduce it like magic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links