Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T sport high idling

Mick ma61

Hello first time on the forum I have recently bought a 06 TTE compressor and have a couple of problems Iv had the engine management light and the traction control light come on 3times in as many weeks the first time I was told it was an o2 sensor that was supposed to be changed but the dealer said it was fixed after he serviced it then after 5 days I was back again this time the cat was "working below efficacy" and is due back in this week 

This is were I need advice my car is idling at 800rpm on cold start up and as the temp rises the rpm rises to 1450rpm were it will stay doesn't drop back down again and the dealer is telling me that this is completely normal.  doesn't make a comfortable drive around town the car has a k&n typhoon intake kit if that makes any difference 

Hi Mick.

As you have a typhoon fitted that would be my first port of call. Did you install it yourself? Or was it already installed? As I have just installed a Apexi on my T-sport I can say that if your vacuum pipes are not set up correctly then you will have no ends of problems.

Also have the maf cables been extended? because the way the typhoon is fitted can stretch/snap the wires.

And lastly because the K&N is an oiled filter that oil can seep through and foul the Maf.

The filter was fitted by a previous owner

I'll need to a look around the wires  to see if their is any sign of strain 

As for the maf the dealer told me he got a tec guy out to go over the car and couldn't find anything wrong   because the first time the EML came on the fault code was for front bank 02 sensor and the second time it was for the cat working below performance I have to leave it back into him this week to get it looked at 

It's the high idling 1450rpm when warm that's annoying me forgot to mention that on cold start you can't just put the car into gear and take of driving easy as it just stalls even after 2mins idling you still need to keep on the accelerator to stop stalling iv told the dealer this but he insists that's the way of the car and that's normal witch Im sure should be below 1000rpm like any other vehicle that iv drove 

It's not normal, our T-sport once warm idles about 8-900rpm, idle is only higher when cold. When I first fitted my Apexi I accidentally disconnected the pcv valve, it was originally connected to the air box, made of blue plastic and has 2 breather hoses connected, when disconnected gave similar symptoms.

Thanx SanaYusuf iv found fitting instructions from the k&n site so I can back trace the fitting guide and see if any things a miss 

Just out of interest is their much of a difference in noise from the apexi filter compared to the standard air box at 4k rpm steady motorway driving as I find the typhoon to be a bit to loud for my liking and is their much of a hp improvement over the stock system as I might try and track a standard system down 

No problem.

Noise wise at 4k its only slightly louder than when I had the airbox fitted although my exhaust is loudish at that rpm so might be more noticeable with a standard exhaust.

I was running a HKS panel filter with a 2.5" cold air feed down to the front bumper so my stock airbox was a bit louder than a standard airbox,filter and stock air feed if that makes any sense.

Actually although it sounds better I think my modded box made lift pull slightly harder.

Got the car back to day and it seems to be a bit quieter to drive dealer said he has changed the cat as the old one had deteriorated and could be head rattling when lifted and shook about, as for the high revs when engine is warm that's still a problem took a quick look at the filter and their is slack on the cable going to the maf,  and noticed that most of the rubber couplings from the maf to charger have been changed till red silicone type so I'll start checking them out on Sunday 

Could be something simple like extra air getting into the engine after the maf, check all connections and couplings are tight and sealed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links