Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.0 L D-4D tr - EGR valve blanking plate

Sebasti0n

Hi,

I am looking at blanking off my EGR valve..... Can you confirm that the blanking plate goes between the pipe and the cylinder head ?

Also,,,will this bring up any management light on the dash ?

Many thanks

You haven't specified the exact year and model of your vehicle, the answer you'll get depends on that since the engines differ between different years of the same model.

40 minutes ago, Duggerz said:

You haven't specified the exact year and model of your vehicle, the answer you'll get depends on that since the engines differ between different years of the same model.

Have you looked at his profile? That says a 2008 Tourer & the topic listing says it's a TR. As a 2008 it's unlikely to have a DPF (assuming that it's an original UK spec. car). 

btw, welcome to the forum Sebasti0n :)

Sorry, I try to answer these while at work, and I don't really have the time. In this case it's a 2.0 1ad engine which will definitely light up the dash like a Christmas tree if the egr is blanked. You can buy a box that fools the ecu into thinking there's a functioning egr but I have no idea how well they work.

On 03/02/2016 at 5:06 PM, Sebasti0n said:

Hi,

I am looking at blanking off my EGR valve..... Can you confirm that the blanking plate goes between the pipe and the cylinder head ?

Also,,,will this bring up any management light on the dash ?

Many thanks

Why do you want to blank off your EGR valve anyway? Toyota put these on their vehicles to stop damaging emissions. What right do you have to turn your vehicle into a little poisonous NOX generator? If it needs repaired fix it and stop polluting the atmosphere for the sake of our childrens' health.

Hi, thanks for your replies..... Its a 2008 estate 2.0 L D-4D TR (UK)..... After reading the comments about it lighting up the dash like a Christmas tree, I have decided to clean it.

Here are the pics from before and after..... The actual Valve is sitting overnight in some white spirits to clean it up.... will put it all back together in the morning....

I will monitor the average MPG and see if it goes back up, and also check if it stops blowing out puffs of smoke on acceleration.

IMAG0719.thumb.jpg.fd0f87ce84ddec1848147IMAG0720.thumb.jpg.e6ab417250b4f53a29401

Hi Sebasti0n,

I found with mine that it was an iterative process and I had to clean out the valve multiple times before the smoking waned significantly. Ymmv but be prepared to do this 5 to 10 times. Your clean up job looks pretty good btw. When I do mine I use carb cleaner and an old toothbrush. You can disassemble the valve too, there are 3 bolts with torx heads, just scribe across the join beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...

Damaging NOX etc affects everyone. Just so one person can cut corners and save a few ££.

The ironic thing is when you are stuck in stop/start traffic you too will ingest the cancergenic particles in the air emitted OP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links