Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parts With Multi Car Use

Bod&Hammie

Hi Gang,

My sons Yaris needs an alternator and as he's a young man (16) he's looking for a second hand one from local scrappies. The problem is that the around here scrappies don't have any Mk1 1LYaris's in.

So, as per title, is there another car that uses the same alternator that we can use?

Also, the lower part of his rear bumper has a big rust hole in it that I was going to repair for him but he says he likes the look of the later (T Sport I think it is) all in one bumper with the reverse and fog light incorperation. Will this fit on as a straight swap?

From this,

20151219_131119_zpsdnzqfybp.jpg

To This

20140317_1608261.jpg

Thanks,

Bod

Looks like the alternator could be one of several models, so just getting one off another MK1 1L Yaris isn't any guarantee it'll be the right one.

You could try to get the old one repaired at an auto electricians, or see if your local motor factors do re-conditioned ones. ECP have them for less than £150.

There are two choices of alternator

27060-23010 70amp available as a recon unit from Toyota 27060-23010-84

27060-23020 80amp available as a recon unit from Toyota 57060-23020-84

neither unit share with any other European models ( does fit some Japanese domestic models such as Echo, Platz & Vitz ) it is also specific to 1SZ-FE Japanese Yaris only.

As for the bumper Yes it will fit but you will need a set of parts from the donor car including:

Bumper, impact rail, impact pads, fixings, tail lamps , rear fog/reverse lamp, lamp harnesses & rear arch liners. Bare in mind this would be considered a modification and your insurer would have to be informed and as it is making the car look sportier they may want more money or even refuse to cover the car.

• Like 1

Thanks Devon, that's a great post. Very informative. I'll make use of all those numbers but dump the idea of the T Sport bumper and go back to the original plan of relating the old one.

Cheers

Bod