Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help lights on dash anbd smoke on my compressor!!!

tsport compressor

Hi All

I noticed 3 lights on my dash which have popped up. Engine light, TRC and VSC. I first noticed these a few months ago

and at the same time my alternator needed fixing this was done as the wire was lose so a new one was put on there. The lights

all went off and i was able to switch the Traction on and off, however a few days later they popped up again and this

time the alternator is fine. I called Toyota who said they could run a diagnostic check for 50pounds i then went to my local garage who

charged me nothing said the reading is coming up as a communications error i dont know what that means but i know toyota would charge a considerable amount.

The exhaust is rattling abit sounds like it is coming from the inside and when throttled ive been told white fluff seems to be coming out or black

smoke not alot but was told it looks good however this is still worrying to me.

Any help advise on what this may be would be great. car is a Toyota corolla t-sport compressor 2006 which im selling soon.

Thanks

Have had all my lights come on my dash 3times in the last month took back to dealer 

First time didn't tell me the reason just cleared it

Second time was told it was 02 sensor 

Third time was told it was the cat 

Dealer changed the cat for me he told me it had deteriorated and was rattling around in  the exhaust that's what might be blowing through your exhaust 

After you had your exhaust fixed did the lights turn off?

Dealer probably reset them before I got it back 

But iv done 183miles on half a tank compared till the 210 I got on the on the last 3tanks if that's anything to go buy 

okay, i had mine reset but they came back on after a day or two. Think ill go back and find out what those error codes

mean. Also will find out if the CAT has gone.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links