Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Potential owner

revband

Hi all,

I have been on the Avensis forum for a few years  having owned three of them but the time has come to change cars again, I am totally peed off with the road noise on the current Avensis and have decided it's time for a a change, Can anyone advise if the Rav 4 suffers from the same road noise as the Avensis?, Or is it time to start looking at other makes? having owned Toyota cars since the 1970s it would come hard to change now but Toyota do seem to be letting themselves down with this tyre noise and general build quality is not as good as it was, or is that just the UK built cars?, speaking of which, where is the Rav 4 built?.

Thanks

I think the road noise is a lot to do with the very wide wheels and tyres they fit these days. I've noticed it when I've been out walking with the noise of traffic passing. If someone passes in an X5 or Audi Q7 and they're flaying it the noise is almost deafening. I don't care how well they insulate the cabin some of that noise is bound to get through. Conversely most engines and transmissions are quite quiet.

Have you tried the '15 "more than a facelift" Avensis? They are supposed to have paid a lot of attention to noise in that change.