Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

tired

tired

Hi

My Avensis Spirit is a very nice car but with the 18'' wheels it makes for a bumpy ride. Perhaps I

should change to 16'' wheels. Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards TIRED

Hi, & welcome to the forum.

If it's a T27 2.2 (you don't appear to have filled in your profile) then you can't go down to 16" as the front discs are too large.

You can go down to 17" with a higher profile which is what I do for winter. It is more comfortable but it also is less direct in handling (not that it will ever be a great handling car).

If it's a T27 supplied as standard/type approved with 18" then this counts as a modification & your insurer should be informed & they may or may not vary your premium accordingly (after some cajoling mine doesn't, I just have to tell them when I switch wheels & tyres).

I think much of this about designer wheels and tyres is yet another way to get people to part with their money! People like the look of them and pay the money. It's not as if they improve the ride. And at legal road speeds they certainly won't improve cornering or handling. More likely to get damaged by a pothole or kerb too. Rant over.

Regards. 

21 minutes ago, gloucester said:

And at legal road speeds they certainly won't improve cornering or handling. 

the difference isn't massive but it is noticeable.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links