Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris'15 Head lamp assembly unit unavailable from Toyota GB

vinkhub

Hi,

I had a minor accident couple of weeks ago. So far, the insurance authorised repair garage has not been able source the head lamp assembly unit. Today when I called Toyota workshop - they also confirmed that the part is unavailable and showing as "Part Frozen" in their system. So they cannot commit a date of when it is going to be available.

The part number is 81170 02J71 - far/left headlamp assembly unit for Auris'15 reg (UK).

Not sure if anyone can help. Just thought would post.

Thanks
vinkhub

The Auris was facelifted in July 2015, and the post facelift models have a different headlight. Which 2015 Auris do you have - the pre-facelift or the post-facelift??

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 3 weeks and Toyota has still not been available to provide with the headlamp assembly unit. They have already postponed twice after promising a delivery date. 

The good thing for me is that the insurance is letting me keep the courtesy car (a Nissan Juke) for as long as the my car takes in repair.

9 minutes ago, vinkhub said:

It's been 3 weeks and Toyota has still not been available to provide with the headlamp assembly unit. They have already postponed twice after promising a delivery date. 

The good thing for me is that the insurance is letting me keep the courtesy car (a Nissan Juke) for as long as the my car takes in repair.

I should think so - most insurance companies provide the courtesy car for the duration of the repair. If they're having issues getting parts, that is their issue, not yours.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update I got the car 2 weeks back. It took between 3 to 4 weeks to sort out the headlamp assembly.

I should say the job is professionally done and the car is as brand new again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links