Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TWIN TAIL PIPES & PARK SENSORS

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi Guys

A little curious as to whether anybody on the forum has, or has had, a Toyota genuine part...twin tail pipes fitted to their vehicle?

I came across a photograph of them on a saloon vehicle...and I quite liked the look of them, it made me wonder what they sound like, and performance wise, I assume that they should last the life of the vehicle if they are made from stainless steel? At 650.00+ from Toyota...they certainly aren't cheap!

I also wonder whether it would be a good idea to fit some park sensors to the front and rear of our vehicle, we have the rear view camera already installed, but it takes some getting used to, if I am honest I find our new Avensis a little on the large side to park up, my other half is fine with it, typical bloke, are they worth while and should I go Toyota genuine or aftermarket?

I look forward to your input and suggestions lads, and Thank You.

Sammy

Sam, if your car is fully body-kitted does it have the rear skirt for just a single pipe exhaust? If so you are looking at not just the cost of the twin exhaust but also new bodywork & paint.

I don't think that the twin exhaust does anything for performance (I've certainly never seen any claims).

My car has both rear camera & rear sensors & I find the camera adequate on it's own. I have never felt the need for front sensors.

Btw I may have an exhaust tip trim for you - the box has the correct part no. for a diesel T27 but it doesn't fit my facelift 2.2. Either they changed the exhaust in the facelift or it could be the wrong part in the right box ... 

I fitted rear sensors to a previously owned T27 Avensis, and I have the reversing camera (without sensors) in my current Avensis.  TBH I find sensors more use, since you reverse using the mirrors but get a sound when you're near something, but with the camera you need to take your eyes off the mirrors.

If I had to choose one or other I'd chose sensors, but the I'll concede that the camera is handy for not running the cat over.

BTW I fitted cheap eBay sensors (about £14 IIRC) which worked great.  There's an installation guide for the genuine Toyota ones on the toyota tech site, complete with printable templates for where to drill the bumper.  The installation is similar, but the depth of my sensors were longer than the Toyota ones so I had to fit them a bit lower to miss the crossmember behind the bumper.  Mine was a saloon if it makes any difference.

Hey thanks guys.

Heidfirst...how much am i looking at for that trim? And how would i tell if my exhaust back box is the original?

alan333...any links for those e bay sensors matey???

Hi Sam, I have sent you a PM.

54 minutes ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

alan333...any links for those e bay sensors matey???

I'm not sure if this is the same seller, but it was definitely CISBO sensors, and it seems the price has gone up a quid since I got mine...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CISBO-Reverse-Rear-Parking-Sensor-Aid-Kit-with-Audio-Buzzer-Alarm-4-Reversing-UK-/141038761146?hash=item20d690b4ba:g:MbQAAOSwv0tU6u7I