Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verso Smoke Issue

robhillwales

Hi Guys

Very new here and i have owned my Verso for 2 years, it has developed a slight issue and its weird as it only happens at certain times.

2011 (11 plete) 2lt Diesel D4d

From cold the car is fine once the engine is warm the car drives pretty well but if i stop at traffic lights for approx 30 seconds when i accelerate i get a large cloud of blue smoke, i thought this was becuase it needed a service, i have had the service done and its still the same but it only happens once the car has stopped for around 30 seconds. when i am stopped the engine does not sound 100 percent its a bit like its not idling correctly 

I hope this makes sense but feel free to ask me anything that doesnt

Thanks in advance Rob

V

Hi Rob and welcome to the board. Two questions, what mileage has the vehicle done and how much oil does it use over, say, a thousand miles?

There's been lots of posts on this subject and the answer could be longer rather than shorter. I'd suggest you look at these two posts for further info including attachments made.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/145960-2007-corolla-verso-22-d4-d-blue-smoke/#comment-1263820

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/160795-blue-smoke-2011-avensis-20-diesel/#comment-1343776

Hi

Thanks for the information, The car has done 100k miles the oil use is minimal to be honest it doesn't move from month to month. The car is self drives like it always did buts its a little embarrassing at traffic lights. I have my MOT next month and i'm concerned it wont pass because of this issue.

I might need a trip to Toyota i think

Thanks

Rob

• 3 years later...

Hi Rob. I am having same issues. How did you resolve yours?