Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Runx/Corolla 2ZZGE gear box

DARYL-BN

HI guys

I'm not from the UK but I really need your help I have a runx rsi the corolla/matrix with the 2zzge motor .I have a problem with the gear box it drives perfect if I keep the rpm below 6000rpm when I goes over the gear get hard and doesn't want to change I have wait for the rpm to drop below 6000rpm to change gear I have replaced clutch kit ,clutch master cylinder ,slave cylinder .have any of you guys had this problem if so please please advise me

many thanks

all the way from south africa

rsi.PNG

Hello Daryl and welcome to the Toyota Owners Club board. Do you have sticking gear change with every gear or is it only with one or two gears? What I'm thinking is you may have worn synchro rings on some gears (specially 2nd) whch won't synchronise the gear speeds properly at higher RPM and won't allow the dog clutch to engage. 

If it's with every gear do you know whether your clutch pedal is at the right height and the pedal travel stroke correct?

I don't think there's any adjustment on the slave cylinder push rod but you could try taking the push rod out and placing a small metal washer inside the cylinder so when you replace the push rod you are taking up some free play and slightly increasing the effective clutch travel.

Did you have any trouble bleeding the clutch? Don't know whether yours has the concentric slave cylinder (CSC) but they can be real problems to bleed, might need special equipment. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When was the oil in the gearbox last changed. Dirty oil can also cause shifting issues and after a full change the shift can be much smoother.