Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Prius IV in Autocar Shock Horror!

Heidfirst

...and Auto Express not far behind:

"**** (4 stars)

We may not have been big fans of the Prius before, but we are now. There’s lots to admire in the engineering and technology, if not the look of the car. And it’s hard not to be swayed by the numbers – it’s not cheap to buy, but it will be cheap to run. It’s comfortable, refined and easy to live with – and more than just a cabbies’ favourite now.

for a car whose owners to date equate driving enjoyment with adultery or worse

What????

Dual zone climate control - Maybe this time it really will be.

dual zone just means able to have different temps set for passenger & driver - & on both of my Avensis I have been told to avoid using it if I can because it puts a strain on the system ...

so I understand, just pointing out that it's not exactly worth a lot in reality ...

23 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

dual zone just means able to have different temps set for passenger & driver - & on both of my Avensis I have been told to avoid using it if I can because it puts a strain on the system ...

IIRC, most of these "dual Zone" systems only allow a temperature difference of 2 or 3 degrees C anyway, hardly worth the effort IMO.

On 2/15/2016 at 2:30 PM, johalareewi said:

Dual zone climate control - Maybe this time it really will be.

Yes it is dual zone, it also senses driver and passenger occupancy and alters function to suit, improving fuel efficiency.

2 hours ago, kithmo said:

IIRC, most of these "dual Zone" systems only allow a temperature difference of 2 or 3 degrees C anyway, hardly worth the effort IMO.

Toyota's system allows either occupant to select whatever temp they want, however the temp setting only relates to the air temp as it exits the vent what the actual temp is in an open cabin space is going to be quite different. I tend to find it very effective where I want it cooler and my partner wants it hotter

On a side note I went up to Milton Keynes to drive Gen4 Prius today and was well impressed its a significant improvement on Gen 3 see: 

22 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

so I understand, just pointing out that it's not exactly worth a lot in reality ...

My Wife's Yaris has it. Can be useful because she likes warmer air than me so a couple of degrees works nicely.  She much prefers it to the gen3 prius.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links