Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car won't start

Merdock01

Iv a 99 avensis 1.6 petrol a friend of mine put jump leads on the wrong way now there was a few fuses blown but I replaced them and now the car wont start but it's trying to any advice would be grateful 

Probably alternator fuse link big square One In engine Bay

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Look at every fuse and relay one at a time, so you don't mix the fuse positions, and the go back in the correct location. Also check the fuses in the instrument panel. There are diagrams on the covers with the fuse rating, function and position. 

In the engine bay there are large fusible links that may have blown. Hopefully they have not blown, because it is more work to change them. Look at my post on changing a fusible link:

Hopefully it is a fuse that has done it's job, and blown protecting other more expensive items.

I had a similar experience by trying to jump start somebody else's car who put the Leeds on wrong way around on his car. While mine were correct. Nevertheless it killed my car twice while trying to start his car. After two tries I apologised to my neighbour and left. Few days later in the middle of a left hand turn my car died. Luckily I managed to stop safely. It would turn the engine but it wouldn't start. Upon inspection and consultation with fellow members in this forum, it turned out to be the efi fuse under the bonnet. My car is a 2000 model 1.8 petrol vvti, but I think the principles of it all starting are the same. Like ppl have said, check all fuses.

Regards,

Waqar

Sent from my Xperia SP using Tapatalk

Oh yes. Check the EFI fuse in the engine fuse box. The EML normally illuminates when the key is turned to IGN position. If the fuse has blown, the EML will stay off.

Ok just quickly. Can I say that I fried my Honda civics starter motor like this. While it's weird, it was still trying to start the car but never actually turn it over fully. Are you sure that your motor is ok.

Also which fuses were blown. Have you checked relays switches etc

Thanks for your comments the weather is very bad where I am so I towed it to a garage for a full dionostics 

Got dionostics done car needs a new ecu immobiliser ignition and key so iv no other choice put to break it if anyone needs parts let me know