Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing The Yaris...

T V O R

No, I’m not getting another car, but I have a question for all you fellow Yaris enthusiasts.

If you wanted or had to change your motor, what else is there out there to match our beloved Toyotas?

For the money and the specification/features and sheer value, is there anything else to match it?

I had a serious look around before buying my T-Sport and the only cars that came close in my opinion was the Audi A3 or the VW Polo/Golf, but even then, the price was a lot higher and out of my league.

I wanted a 16 valve engine with preferably a timing chain and not a belt, all the safety features all new cars should have as standard and anything else would be a bonus.

So what would you choose?

Renault? Very are nice but there’s a major reliability issue.

MG Rover? Having checked there web site, you have to pay extra for additional air bags and things like remote central locking and ABS!

Peugeots? Very nice but very common.

Seat? The Ibiza is nice but I didn’t follow it up.

Audi and VW, high quality but at a price.

Your thoughts?

well, you wouldnt beat the value of this car - IMO if you were to get a car that matched the standard of a Tsport by another company - youd be paying alot more

Hmmm hard choice out there i guess.

Honda's are pretty reliable cars, i would go for one, the new Integra's look pretty neat.

VW are just so unreliable, my mum has a VW polo always have problems with it :wacko:

Never get a MG rover, people just that the micky out of it cos it's still........a rover.

Sorry to people that like erm.

Pugs are french, so not so reliable there, but cheap and cheerful like citroen.

Seat same as VW but i think they are much better that VW's, i wouldnt mind having a Seat.

Audi - i think they are ok, totally love the estate RS4 :drool: 30k for a second hand :cacker: way out of my league hehehe.

Well those are my thoughts. Get a ford Street KA!! hehehe. or Smart car roadster. :P

:thumbsup:

Theres only one!

Lupo GTI, its pace and handling would put my t sport to shame! Its even more go-kart like than a yaris and you sit much lower in it. :)

Yeah but the Lupo Gti's interior is a bit bland i think, especially for a Gti there isnt anything special about it. Also the price of 14k for a very little car is just a bit too much i reckon.

Might aswell slap another 2k on top and get a Civic Type R! :lol:

Although the Lupo Gti does look alright i must admit .. especially with the twin exhaust!

But still the T-Sport is still best buy i reckon, hand down! :yes:

Yeah agreed with the lupo GTI is pretty fast, not sure about the look of it though, giving 125bhp is ok. Same with the Polo GTI

Glanza V, well think thats pricey to insure :( down side of it, plus parts for that car is expensive cos it's an import.

Glanza V, well think thats pricey to insure :( down side of it, plus parts for that car is expensive cos it's an import.

oops, didnt know about that :blink:

ah well, its still quite impressive in standard spec :D

My mum recently bought a Mazda 3 and Mazda's are gettin more and more reliable these days and it has all the safety features of the Yaris and then some and comes in at around the same price i think, not sure tho!

Its a nice car anyway!

Cheers

My mum recently bought a Mazda 3 and Mazda's are gettin more and more reliable these days and it has all the safety features of the Yaris and then some and comes in at around the same price i think, not sure tho!

they about 12k for a 1.6 and around 14k for a 2.0 :thumbsup:

Kenny!

Go for a RX8 for about 22k+ hehehe, nice

22mpg ain't 2 nice tho is it??? Haha

Cheers

RX-7 is better.. :P :lol::ph34r:

RX-7 with 500bhp is even better than that!

255-260bhp standard if i remember correctly..

gotta apologise to T-O-V-R for going off topic completely now and talking about RX-7s!! ^_^

Kenny!

255-260bhp standard if i remember correctly..

gotta apologise to T-O-V-R for going off topic completely now and talking about RX-7s!! ^_^

Kenny!

No probs! :thumbsup:

Other than a Toyota I would have:

- Subaru Imprezza

- Nissan Skyline

- Land Rover Discovery / Range Rover

Nothing much else

my mother has a 04plate Type R, its a corker.

Though i would really recommed the Leon 1.8T, awesome car, i love it

if it were for the same money as the yaris then it would be a makr1 impreza turbo

good UK examples are only about 9k now

imports as low as 6k!

i want a lot of cars though would never say no to (new cars)

new impreza

evo

type r

350z

rx8

all lovely motors

The lesser bhp models of yaris are great value for money, but the tsport is hardly good money at £12k....

I'd say a mini one with a few mods is a good buy, with around £500 you get 125-130bhp out of them which is more than the cooper, better suspension than the YTS, and more kudos (in my opinion).

Lupo GTI is a very, very nippy car - those things will sit on the bumpers of type-r's for fun in the bends. Slightly pricey though..

The old polo GTI is a good car as well, I much prefer the older shape polo actually!

Seat Ibiza is a cracking car, especially if you get the 1.9 tdi, spend £400 on a remap and voila, 200bhp/300ftlb torque in a car that weights less than.... me... with 40+ mpg too!

As much as I love the yarii family, i'm not sure i'd buy a new YTS... for the same money you can get a very low mileage corolla t-sport... which sort of puts things into perspective for me...

Defending the YTS though, you'll need to spending more like £14-15k to find a substantially faster/better car....

for example the Leon cupras, golf 4motions, type r civics, corolla t sport, A3... etc.

All in all not a bad little car :)

TS is a little pricy although helps to deter chavscum

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links