Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warning light identification and meaning

roseneft

Hi,

Some warning lights keep coming on and off on my car and I was wondering if you can help me identify them.

The (i) indicator used to come on everytime I turned left, however it is now constantly on. I have a feeling it could be brake fluid (I have ordered some and will top up to see if the issue is resolved.)

The middle oil drop indicator and Battery warning comes on usually after I restart the car having not run for long and stay on for a couple of miles or so before turning off. 

What are your thoughts?

Many thanks

IMG_20160209_203418[1].jpg

Hi Mat, Do you not have a manual for the car?

How often do you check your car's fluids (oil, coolant etc.)? When was it last serviced?

I haven't checked the break fluid since I bought the car 6 months ago, however I changed the engine oil and filter when I bought it, and have checked it regularly. Coolant is good too.
I could't find the indicators in the manual.

Thanks

The Battery symbol on the extreme right being illuminated when running means that your Battery is discharging/not being charged. Could be a failing Battery or alternator or belt slipping.

The (!) symbol next to it is brake system related. If it remains on once you have topped up the brake fluid take it to a garage soon & have it investigated.

The symbol in the middle is the diesel fuel filter water trap. You should drain (or have drained) off water from the filter.

3 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

The (!) symbol next to it is brake system related. If it remains on once you have topped up the brake fluid take it to a garage soon & have it investigated.

Does that not also act as a handbrake warning light?

Yes. However, the behaviour that he described did not sound like a handbrake fault & it can be used as a low brake fluid level warning on some cars (not sure if the Yaris is one).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links