Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driven Gen4 Prius today

Devon Aygo

All I can find in my Toyota is the e-store where they want to charge me £109 for an update, and the touch and go system in the gen 4 isn't even one of the options to download to. For the gen3 we got two free downloads in the first three years. Things seem to have gone backwards.

1 hour ago, diverdave said:

All I can find in my Toyota is the e-store where they want to charge me £109 for an update, and the touch and go system in the gen 4 isn't even one of the options to download to. For the gen3 we got two free downloads in the first three years. Things seem to have gone backwards.

Not sure why estore is asking for money your Excel comes with Go+ navigation which includes 3 free updates. On my car i had to select the new 6.7.0 update @ £109 once i did this the screen updated and and option "Set FUD" ( free update ) appeared and and instructions on how to download and install appeared.  

On 5/10/2016 at 8:34 PM, diverdave said:

Not quite sure what you mean by update the system, having just got the car does the software need upgrading already 

?

You have to register your car with the ID number from your V5 to get it free

I have done that Keith, my problem now is that you are supposed to go into general settings on the touch and go, select system informatiion, put in your usb then slect the copy to usb to get the "fingerprint" on the stick. But I dont get the "copy to usb" button come up.I have tried two usb sticks with no luck, any suggestions ?

2 hours ago, diverdave said:

I have done that Keith, my problem now is that you are supposed to go into general settings on the touch and go, select system informatiion, put in your usb then slect the copy to usb to get the "fingerprint" on the stick. But I dont get the "copy to usb" button come up.I have tried two usb sticks with no luck, any suggestions ?

You are confusing the process for your older Touch and Go and your new Touch 2 and go there is no "fingerprint" with Touch 2 you need to verify your car on My Toyota first then register your multimedia device either from the car by logging into your My toyota account ( must be the tethered via Bluetooth) or inputting the device id into my toyota on your PC. From there you find and download the update to usb, plug the USB into the car and when prompted input the code given from my toyota ( appears during the download guide ) into the car, then wait for the update to finish 

• Like 1

I might be a bit stupid here but I cant find anywhere in my toyota to input my device id. I have verified my car on my toyota but there is no where to register the device. :sad:

OK i found it, I think that my laptop is on it's way out. Having looked at the software version on my toyota it is 4.3.OH, the version that i have is 4.5.OWH, is mine more up to date than what is on my toyota ?

Wel I managed to download it ti a usb, took it to the car plugged it in.....and nothing happened !!! I think that I am now going to give up, been trying to do this for two hours now, why do they make it so difficult ?

9 hours ago, diverdave said:

Wel I managed to download it ti a usb, took it to the car plugged it in.....and nothing happened !!! I think that I am now going to give up, been trying to do this for two hours now, why do they make it so difficult ?

Nothing happened because the free version you downloaded, 4.3.0, is the old one. The proper one is 6.7.0. It's not difficult but it is confusing as you have to follow the correct sequence of events.

Assuming you have registered your vehicle ok.

1. Go to My Toyota, 2. Make sure you are logged in, 3. Go to the e-store, 4. scroll down and select the "Maps" tab. 5. Click on the 6.7.0 update £99. 

The £99 should then change to "Free Via MapCare" and a drop down list appears below it to select your vehicle. If it doesn't then your vehicle is not registered correctly.

Select "Buy it now" and follow the instructions. IIRC you can download/read an installation guide whilst you are waiting for the software to load.

P.S. there are times when the car screen goes blank (black) whilst you are downloading (quite scary), but what ever you do, don't turn it off, just let it do its thing.

Keith you are a star, those step by step instructions are just what I needed. It took nearly 3 hrs todownload to my USB and just over an hour to download to the car, I deleted a lot of countries that I will not need.The audio screen is a bit less busy, not sure if that is a good thing or not, will have to find my way around the Navigation etc over the coming days.After doing the upgrade I can see that it is not that difficult, it's just doing it for the first time.

Thanks again. :biggrin:

Glad you got it sorted Dave :thumbsup: It took me 3 attempts, 1st one I hadn't got my V5 doc so couldn't register the car on My Toyota, 2nd go I downloaded the 4.0 version same as you, third time I tried the buy it now option, as I haven't registered a payment method I thought I'd try it and stop if it asked for payment. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links