Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IQ Bluetooth System

jambo.

Hi all,

new member here, starting to look now for an IQ 2 or 3 for myself for a first car and get my ideas together for the kind of alterations I'd like to do. I'm not wanting a model with sat nav since google maps will do me fine but I definitely want to put in a bluetooth system and ideally the IQ branded one for that OEM look. However I'm struggling to find one on the internet, Burrows Toyota were maybe selling them 6 months back but appear to have stopped and eBay isn't any better. Would anyone consider selling me one or suggest where I could get one? Thanks in advance :) .

Hi and welcome.

Afraid I can't help you with the factory Blue Tooth, bit if you don't have any luck getting one I can recommend iO PLAY2

1 hour ago, Soeley said:

Hi and welcome.

Afraid I can't help you with the factory Blue Tooth, bit if you don't have any luck getting one I can recommend iO PLAY2

Hi Soeley,

I've seen that, does look a good piece of kit, it'll probably be my back-up if this idea comes to nothing. :)

I didn't think the factory bluetooth integrated with the standard stereo? I thought it was the nav option only? 

The iQ does have an AUX in socket so you can play from MP3 players via a cable. Not quite the same as you have to control the music from the device and it needs a cable but it's a start. 

Craig.

Got Toyota bluetooth on our iQ2 (no sat nav)

Fitted by the dealership 4 years ago prior to taking delivery

Integrates with standard radio/CD unit

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dash said:

Got Toyota Bluetooth on our iQ2 (no sat nav)

Fitted by the dealership 4 years ago prior to taking delivery

Integrates with standard radio/CD unit

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yup. That is exactly what I'm after.

Surely it wouldn't be a one off specific to the iQ only. Get your parts centre to check the part number listed for the iQ and see if it is the same for other Toyota models.

Edited by Soeley

Unfortunately Toyota discontinued the IQ bluetooth kit years ago 

• Like 1

I have found tbe Blootooth in the Tns510 was reasonable due to the mic being between the steering wheel, but i now have the Tns350 where the bluetooth mic is in the facia of the unit and is atrocious !!

David 

13 minutes ago, tarquin said:

You are probably better off with a Parrot. Their DSP is superb

David

Fair enough. I've not given up yet on sourcing one since the OEM look is really important to me, but if all else fails I'll look to get one of them or the iO system. I know from personal experience the Parrot is superb like you say, my Dads old Lexus RX had one which did a really good job.

You have to consider the general background noise in the IQ. There is very little noise suppression in it compared to a Lexus. Thats where DSP comes into its own. 

If for instance i use my iPhone in a craddle on speaker phone, its ok round town but on the motorway i can't be heard.   Again limited DSP in play. The road and wind noise is excessive .

David

I've got Parrot mki 9000 bluetooth system fitted to my iq. No screen on this system, works on voice control.  Very pleased with it and no problems speaking with people. 

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone is looking for the blutooth system still but I saw this on another part of the forum last night. Might be good to someone.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/172623-full-factory-iq-bluetooth-system-with-wiring-harness/#comment-1413719

Craig.